March 29, 2024, 11:26:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Making own wavetables - details  (Read 1618 times)

wot

• Apprentice
Making own wavetables - details
« on: October 29, 2021, 03:24:49 pm »
Hello,

let me first thank the arturia team for the User Wavetable which I think is awesome !

I have created wavetables for other synthesizers before and naturally, want my own in the microfreak too.
After uploading the first set made for a different synth i thought it would be helpful to know a bit more about the intricacies of the format suitable for the microfreak.
I gathered some info from a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwF_3t9ExLM and while I thought it was logical, some questions still remain.

There is a set of mf-utilities https://github.com/dcower/mf-utils that was used to replace the default wavetables before firmware 4.0.
Looking at that code, I saw a different format of the wavetables.
While the import via Midi Control Center works, I would like to have some more precise specitications how to create files to import.

Something like a format description á la
PCM
xxx KHz Sample Rate
xx bits
mono
x,y seconds length

would be very helpful.

Can someone help in this regard ? I'm not afraid of reading technical specs and would appreciate a finer control over the wavetable design process.

Thank you,
Wot

francoise

Re: Making own wavetables - details
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 02:36:57 pm »
Every MF owner should take a look at wot's essential video.

I haven't tried my own wavetable. I guess I would try importing Pigment's wavetables modified by wot's directives but the "wavetable" homonym might be misleading.

Addendum: Pigment's wavetables work well.
In Windows, they're in the C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Samples\Pigments\Factory\ directory.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 09:46:14 pm by francoise »

mschukat

Re: Making own wavetables - details
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 07:59:57 pm »
Hello,

likewise congratulations to the Arturia team to develop and continuously support such an awesome synth.

I have a similar question regarding  user wavetables: I am using WavEdit (Synthesis Technologies) to create wavetables (64 waveforms by 256 samples each), which I subsequently want to upload to the MF. Following the aforementioned video I change the length of the resulting .wav file to 1.48 s using Audacity (i.e. via the "Change Tempo" option). The resulting file (in .aiff format) is downloaded to the MF, but has a lot of distortions and noise. It also seems to have a noisy intro and trailer, which is not part of the original wavetable. Any advise, why things are going wrong?
Thanks,
Michael     

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines