April 28, 2024, 04:12:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer and Arpeggiator comparable to Pigments?  (Read 1478 times)

Erlking

• Apprentice
Sequencer and Arpeggiator comparable to Pigments?
« on: October 25, 2021, 02:31:56 pm »
Hi I am currently searching for a new keyboard, I want to use it with my DAW and also my hardware gear.
I really like the features from the Arturia Pigments Sequencer and Arpeggiator, my question is, if the build in
Sequencer/Arpeggiator of the KeyStep37 has the same feature set like the Pigments.

I also had a look at the KeyStep Pro and the forum posts that says that the Pro is missing some of the features that are available in the Keystep37.
Is this still the case or are there any updates to this issue?

francoise

Re: Sequencer and Arpeggiator comparable to Pigments?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 04:20:11 pm »
my question is, if the build in Sequencer/Arpeggiator of the KeyStep37 has the same feature set like the Pigment

The answer is no. The K37 sequencer has up to 64 steps. Which means you can enter directly (or step by step) a 16 bars song. And even a 32 bars song (played as a 2/2 bar setting insted of 4/4) if you divide the bpm by half, playing a 120 bpm at 60 bpm. The Pigment sequencer has 16 steps (4 times less).

You control Pigment though a midi controller and all Pigment features are "in your face". With K37, you don't get the same degree of control. You have to go throuh Midi Control Center to edit (fine tune) the input.
The K37 keyboard is small and it takes some practice to enter for example jazz chords properly. Obviously, if you have a good midi controller you don't have this problem with Pigment. But you can't enter Pigment sequences through the keyboard, if I'm not mistaken.

The K37 arpeggiator has 8 modes (plus strum) vs 6 in Pigment. You can't randomize, velocity, octave, gate with K37 like you do in Pigment.
If I'm not mistaken, you can't sequence chords in Pigment like you do in K37 with many chord type (min7, sus, etc.).
Obviously you can control midi parameters from the 4x4 banks in K37 while Pigment is not a controller.

Addendum: You can sequence chords using multiple instances of Pigment and route the output of Pigment to any vst or external synth through you DAW.

Hoping people will give more feedback.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 08:53:22 pm by francoise »

grrrzzzt

• Apprentice
Re: Sequencer and Arpeggiator comparable to Pigments?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 09:15:53 pm »
Hi I am currently searching for a new keyboard, I want to use it with my DAW and also my hardware gear.
I really like the features from the Arturia Pigments Sequencer and Arpeggiator, my question is, if the build in
Sequencer/Arpeggiator of the KeyStep37 has the same feature set like the Pigments.

I also had a look at the KeyStep Pro and the forum posts that says that the Pro is missing some of the features that are available in the Keystep37.
Is this still the case or are there any updates to this issue?

No; the keystep 37 doesn't have the features of pigments. The keystep pro has more randomisation feature that put it closer to what pigments can do; but it's probably still different. both kesytep are polyphonic though; while pigments deals with seq monophonically (each note is its own sequence). the only thing the KS37 has that the pro doesnt is the chord feature.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines