April 25, 2024, 02:15:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stereo/Mono Delay Effect Not Working  (Read 2373 times)

rodvaldes

• Apprentice
Stereo/Mono Delay Effect Not Working
« on: June 22, 2021, 10:36:32 pm »
Hi guys, a few weeks ago the mono/stereo delay of my Matrixbrute stopped working, then without doing anything started working again for a few days and then stopped working.   :'(

Here its the video of the last time MB mono/stereo efx worked: 
https://www.youtube.com/embed/8BQKzVRZyLw

Here its the actual state of the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/EQHLo8j2RKk

I actualized the MB to the latest firmware, here it the revisión of each module:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/vQaV0a7quaA

The synth has only been used in my smoke free studio and been taken carefully. I notified Arturia about this issue to get a solution but would like to know if someone has experienced this issue.  ???

Please let me know if what could i do

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Stereo/Mono Delay Effect Not Working
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 12:40:54 pm »
I've never heard about this failure mode before.

"Luckily", there is some logic to it: the BBD chips are configured into the various FX topologies using analogue switches and VCAs. You only miss the delay configuration, so there's a good chance that one/some of those switches and/or VCAs have packed in. If so, that would likely be a very localized fault that a tech doing component level service could fix fairly easily.

I'm sure Arturia will help you to get a service arranged. Crossing my fingers for your delay FX soon being back in action!

rodvaldes

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 06:49:46 pm »
Well i hope it could be fixed given that the synth only has beend used in my studio and handled with care so its very annoying that an expensive synth has this kind of technical failures, specially when it was bought new a couple of years ago.  :-\

I wrote to Arturia about it and hope they can provide me a solution.  ???

Stancez

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 08:05:57 am »
Hey buddy did you get this resolved, just grabbed one myself and has the same issue, and it's the same year as yours and model.

rodvaldes

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 03:31:42 am »
Hey buddy did you get this resolved, just grabbed one myself and has the same issue, and it's the same year as yours and model.

No man, unfortunately the Arturia distributor in Guatemala didnt provided me any solution or spare part to repair it and Arturia just responded that I must send this heavy machine to the US or France in order to analize what the failure was.. its still not working.

Its a lame tech support to their users and im not getting any other Arturia gear anytime soon.

Stancez

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2023, 07:18:02 am »
Man that sucks, I contacted the retailer they've asked for a video to show the issue to return it. It's a shame because I was really looking forwards to playing with this. Thanks for the reply mate.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2023, 01:31:18 pm »
No man, unfortunately the Arturia distributor in Guatemala didnt provided me any solution or spare part to repair it and Arturia just responded that I must send this heavy machine to the US or France in order to analize what the failure was.. its still not working.

Its a lame tech support to their users and im not getting any other Arturia gear anytime soon.
But on the other hand what exactly did you expect them to say, considering you live in Guatemala? This was only ever going to end one way: Arturia telling you to package it up for an RTB diagnosis (Return To Base).

However from your perspective as a disgruntled customer, this is where your distributor needs to grow some balls, not the parent-company six thousand miles away. If your distributor doesn't have a repair facility, they should proactively organise the shipping for you, likely to the US Service Agent which should at least be cheaper than posting it all the way to France. Your distributor will already have a process for returning faulty products under warranty, again probably to the US Service Agent because that's the nearest. Non-warranty repairs like this are fundamentally exactly the same other than it will be your responsibility to pay.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 02:01:34 pm »
@rodvaldes :

If the distributor doesn't step up, maybe it's wort talking to Arturia about sending in only the voice card for repair or replacement? It's not so heavy, and taking it out of the synth and putting it back in isn't that hard.

rodvaldes

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 07:36:05 am »
Man that sucks, I contacted the retailer they've asked for a video to show the issue to return it. It's a shame because I was really looking forwards to playing with this. Thanks for the reply mate.

Did you find any solution?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines