March 28, 2024, 03:07:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Selling MiniLabII, unregistering software?  (Read 2141 times)

jonot

• Apprentice
Selling MiniLabII, unregistering software?
« on: May 26, 2021, 11:35:55 am »
I'm selling my MiniLabII (to part-fund buying a MicroFreak)

I've tried asking via Arturia support but they seem unable to answer a few straightforward questions:

1. Can I keep the Ableton Lite that came with my MLII originally (I've installed it and am using it)
2. If I can't, will unregistering the MiniLabII on MyProducts  automagically also unregister Ableton with Ableton?
3. If it doesn't, do I have to go to Ableton's website & manually unregister my copy of Lite there?

thanks

jonot

• Apprentice
Re: Selling MiniLabII, unregistering software?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 11:14:01 am »
In case anyone else wants to know, it works like this:

~ unregistering an Arturia product does *not* unregister your ownership of the associated Ableton Live Lite (ALL) licence.
~ You can keep using ALL once you've sold or given away your Arturia hardware if you want to.
~ If you want to unregister the ALL licence with Ableton, you can only do so by transferring the ALL licence to another person using your own Ableton account on the Ableton website
~ If you want to do that, the new owner of the licence has to register with Ableton themselves*first* & then tell you the email address with which they registered, and then you have to tell Ableton to transfer the licence to the new owner, giving Ableton the email address of the new owner.
~ You can, so far as I can tell, sell the ALL licence, if you can find someone silly enough to buy it.

Hope this helps someone else.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines