April 29, 2024, 10:19:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: modualte lfo speed continuously  (Read 1302 times)

dave dave

• Apprentice
modualte lfo speed continuously
« on: May 13, 2021, 01:04:05 am »
i love my brute but one thing that annoys me....  you cant modulate the speed of the lfo continuously. only in %notes or triplet or dotted. not continuously thru all 3modes, this means big steps between each division. i like to assign either the mod wheel of after touch to lfo speed but its pretty useless on the brute. please someone correct me if im wrong. i really hope this will be corrected in a future update.

Moho

• Apprentice
Re: modualte lfo speed continuously
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 09:48:55 am »
Turn off SYNC  ;)

dave dave

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 10:58:53 am »
unfortunately i dont want to turn off sync, i want polybrute to work properly. 

this is a universally common feature on every synth i have ever had my hands on. i currently have 7 hardware synths and a bunch of plugins and polybrute is the only one that doesnt do this.

Moho

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 11:59:03 am »
I'm not sure I understand, if the LFO is synced to the tempo and is modulated between the sub divisions it is therefore out of sync defeating the object of the sync button  ???

Which are these other hardware synths that can do it? I may own one and can try it to better understand what you mean.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 01:23:00 pm »
^ The issue is that there are three modes for the LFO sync:
Binary, Triplet and Dotted
When Binary is chosen, the LFO rate (when synced) goes through  4/1, 2/1, 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 - so no triplet or dotted divisions. Similarly, when in Triplet mode you get only triplets division and in Dotted you get only dotted divisions. The OP wants to sweep through all possible synced division with the Rate knob.

Moho

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 03:05:31 pm »
Ah I get it now, not exactly continuous, I prefer the way it is but it would be nice to have the option.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines