September 21, 2024, 02:25:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Noise on Drum gate outputs causing missed triggers  (Read 1313 times)

mrerdat

• Apprentice
Noise on Drum gate outputs causing missed triggers
« on: April 15, 2021, 05:04:09 am »
I'm experiencing this issue where Drum gates 3-8 are patched into my modular and intermittently missing triggers even with randomness turned off.
Drum gates 1 and 2 work fine, and so do the gate outs for voices 1-4.

So I patched the triggers directly into my mixer and found that while drum gates 1-2 and voice gates 1-4 sound clean, drum gates 3-8 have a really dirty noise floor with a loud swishing sound underneath the triggers.  I hear all of my triggers activate so I know for a fact that this is not a user error with randomness controls.

Changing the trigger voltage to 12V yields a better trigger to noise floor ratio, but the swirling noise is still there causing drum triggers to miss intermittently. When I patch the 'dirty' trigger channels into a vca, it looks like the voltage is constant whether or not triggers are firing or not. I get distinct voltage changes with the clean gate outputs.

I'm 100% certain this bad noise floor is blocking some of my triggers from activating.   Is this a software or hardware issue?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: A power cycle fixed this, but not sure why this would happen in the first place  ???
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 05:21:52 am by mrerdat »

Andrew Henderson

Re: Noise on Drum gate outputs causing missed triggers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 11:32:10 am »
Are you powering by USB or the wall wart? If not using the wall wart, try using that, as on some systems the USB power isn't sufficient.

mrerdat

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 04:22:15 pm »
Not using USB at all here, just using the wall wart.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 06:48:57 pm »
Not using USB at all here, just using the wall wart.

Ok great, just thought I would mention that.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines