March 28, 2024, 12:10:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 4 keys not working on new Keystep  (Read 1702 times)

Usual1011

4 keys not working on new Keystep
« on: March 30, 2021, 12:54:57 pm »
Hello, I bought a keystep yesterday. After unpacking, I checked and played the keyboard, everything was fine, and all the keys were working properly. But today, when I turned on the keyboard, the Ab1, E2, C3, Ab3 keys did not work. When you press on them, the midi message is not sent, and there is no sound. I installed the software and updated it. I disconnected and connected the cable, but nothing helped. All other keys and controls are working properly. Everything would be understandable if these 4 keys did not work initially, but the mystery is that yesterday all the keys worked fine. Instruments preferences reset didn't help. What could be the problem?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: 4 keys not working on new Keystep
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 12:59:33 pm »
Welcome.

My suggestion would be to send it back for a replacement considering you only had it a day. Providing the retailer can find no reason to suspect this was caused by you damaging it in some way, just about every first world country on the planet has consumer-rights that will get you an exchange when something is literally a day old.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Usual1011

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 02:10:42 pm »
Welcome.

My suggestion would be to send it back for a replacement considering you only had it a day. Providing the retailer can find no reason to suspect this was caused by you damaging it in some way, just about every first world country on the planet has consumer-rights that will get you an exchange when something is literally a day old.
Thanks for the answer!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 02:38:53 pm »
You're welcome. Hopefully your next one won't be faulty.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

BevanSmith

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 03:49:29 am »
Hope it worked out for you. According to a YouTube video I watched, if you select a particular user scale set in the cc then the keys are disabled that are not in that scale or they trigger an adjacent note. B.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines