March 28, 2024, 09:04:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modular V external audio not working  (Read 5574 times)

simplicius-simplex

Modular V external audio not working
« on: January 05, 2021, 07:23:27 pm »
Hi there,
if i am not mistaken i just found out that i (still) cannot use the external inputs neither for the Modular V3 nor the ARP-2600 in LogicPro (or standalone) - this is kind of essential for me. Without the audio-ins the emulations are nearly worthless for me.

It took me quite some time because i was looking for the error in front of the system (i thought that there is something wrong with the interace or my routing) but then i found several posts about this topic and no improvement from Arturia...
In the standalone version you can even choose the input - but nothing happens...  no signal...

What i cannot understand is: The Inputs can clearly be seen and therefore they have to work, the manual states that the external audio ins work!

I am very happy that i have Reaktor-6 to make external-audio into a modular synth work for me... but why does it not work with the Modular-V or the ARP? What am i missing?

If i am wrong - please correct me - what am i doing wrong?

PS: As mentioned - with other software it works and external audio also works with one in on the Vocoder from Arturia...  ???

LBH

Re: Modular V external audio not working
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 07:51:19 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

My DAW does'nt support the audio in feature. But i can get it to work in standalone mode. Also i know others have got it to work, and perhaps also in the threads you mention.

I'm on Windows 10.

If you can see there is incoming audio, then it look like you does'nt do anything that opens the gate, or does'nt make connections to get the audio routed to the synth output.
As i can't see your patches and don't know how you open the gate, then i at this point can't help further. But you have to route the incoming audio in the synths, and you have to open the gate (like playing notes does, if the trigger for the gate is key triggered), to get it to work.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 07:55:01 pm by LBH »

Felix

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 04:27:27 pm »
Has anyone found a solution ? I've been trying all day to use the External Audio feature in Modular V3 but I can't seem to make it work, in FL Studio or Reaper.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 11:41:11 pm »
Has anyone found a solution ? I've been trying all day to use the External Audio feature in Modular V3 but I can't seem to make it work, in FL Studio or Reaper.
Hi,

How can you conclude, that it's not solved?

When you have routed the audio into Modular the way your DAW allow you to do it, then the audio will be availble from Modulars audio input jacks. I attach a image.

A preset shall then somehow use the incomming audio. Modular is not just a Filter for incomming audio. It can help to read then manual about how the different modules work.

I can't remember about FL Studio, but i know Reaper can send Audio to Arturia plugins.
Informations about usage in Reaper in reply #7 by Lunker in this Modular thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90226.0
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 11:53:36 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines