March 28, 2024, 04:49:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bring back Analog Lab 4 mappings for KeyLab Mk2!  (Read 6444 times)

flyjat76

• Apprentice
Bring back Analog Lab 4 mappings for KeyLab Mk2!
« on: December 30, 2020, 10:57:12 pm »
The default mappings to the KeyLab Mk2 have changed such that only the 1st 4 knobs (i.e. the new 'macros') have any useful effect on the sound.

In Analog lab 4, the faders were mainly assigned to the filters & ADSR envelopes (where one was relevant & available) which normally tied in with the labels on the knobs/faders themselves, plus a few instrument-specific parameters.

But in Analog Lab V, the majority of the knobs/faders are assigned to effects parameters.

Whilst parameters for each instrument will differ, the labels on the KeyLab Mk2 knobs & faders imply that the keyboard was designed to emulate a 'hardware synth' experience, i.e. adjustment of traditional synth parameters such as filter & ADSR envelopes, not things like reverb & delay send levels.

Admittedly the assignments can be adjusted (since I own V Collection & Pigments) but it's a bit of a pain!

xjvansx

• Apprentice
Re: Bring back Analog Lab 4 mappings for KeyLab Mk2!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 09:30:42 pm »
Agreed!
My new Keylab MK2 is a true inspiration machine with the Analog Lab 4. I can make a whole track sketch solely with the AL4.

I would come up with a chord progression so I'd pull up a synth pad from AL4, I can tweak some envelope parameters, open another instance of AL4 for a bass line, again tweak it to my taste, and then add Rhodes, even piano(I don't even need to bother opening Kontakt Libraries, I can just focus on song writing), etc etc. It's seamless and song writing is a breeze this way. You can almost do everything solely in AL4. And later I can either edit deeper parameters on the full V Collection version or replace some tracks with different instruments.
I can't think of an alternative that does this better than Analog Lab.

But the new Analog Lab V.. for now limits its use for a preset browsing. So now I'm stuck with the AL4 until this problem is addressed. Which is a shame because new added patches on AL V are really cool, and the new V Collection 8 instruments are mind blowing. I instantly bought the Keylab for that.

Pierre Arturia

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 01:41:14 pm »
As said in another post, thanks for the feedback. We realise the KeyLab mapping is preventing users to switch from AL4 to ALV.

We faced technical issues that prevented us from keeping the mappings of AL4 faders, but are working on getting this done as soon as possible.

SamJunkPunk

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 09:47:57 pm »
Yeah would be cool to bring the Lab4 feeling to the Lab5. Use it for every tune since years. Bring it on!!! ;D

Vandergraph

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 02:50:40 am »
Agree too !!!

Being able to ''map'' ALV the way AL4 is for MKII is an absolute must, and would bring me using ALV for good. AL4 / MKII integration IS the reason I bought it

I have to admit on the other hand that for certain sound / instrument the ALV config is fun. But never as it is with AL4

Best would be to be able to switch from one to the other easilly.

Looking forward for that update, hopefully very soon

andy.lachance@gmail.com

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 04:08:29 pm »
Ok what is going on with Volume and the Analog Lab V? It is all over the place. There is no longer knob or fader access to it and all the instruments and presets have different levels. I am struggling. Even the Stage section that one would think is designed to work live would be a nightmare if you have to change instruments. This really needs a fix. Some presets have volume controls in "stage", others don't. It is all over the place. I love the sounds but the interface is a bit maddening. ... Also the verifications for this forum and crazytown.

rpinelli

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 02:55:14 am »
Agree with this 100%.  Was very disappointed to download and install AL V to find out that the controls all mismatched the labeling on my Keylab 88 MkII.

Even worse, the filter buttons below the faders do not select instrument filters as they did in AL 4.  I press "Piano" and it selects "Keys"  I press "Keys" and it selects "Strings".  Some of the others do match their labels but why was this changed?  I can't select pianos from the controller anymore, despite there being a button explicitly labeled Piano!

Lastly, it would be nice to have a theming option so I can see the on-screen keyboard as white (matching hardware, as in AL 4) instead of being forced to a dark theme.

Not to be ungrateful, the AL V upgrade was free and I still have AL 4, so I appreciate Arturia's efforts here as a customer.  These are just a few things that, IMO, would make AL V that much better.  Especially if you've invested in their flagship controllers that boast seamless integration.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 09:25:44 am »
Arturia staff have been pretty much open in confirming ALV is very much work in progress, hence why it didn't directly replace AL4 on our computers. You can still use AL4 while Arturia works on refining the experience of ALV.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

rpinelli

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 03:44:55 pm »
Oh sure, as I said I appreciate their efforts as a customer.  Just adding my voice to the chorus so that they get customer feedback as to where people are having issues and where they might focus their future efforts.

jayzhead

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 08:43:11 pm »
Glad to hear they're working on it. Can't wait. It'd allow me to finally switch to ALV. As of now I'm pretty much using it only for the sounds I can't get in AL4  ::)

Vandergraph

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 04:21:47 pm »
As said in another post, thanks for the feedback. We realise the KeyLab mapping is preventing users to switch from AL4 to ALV.

We faced technical issues that prevented us from keeping the mappings of AL4 faders, but are working on getting this done as soon as possible.

Hello, I truly understand it takes time to release tested / well working updates, and I am keeping on AL4 for now (Keylab MK2), that's fine. But do we have an idea as to when the AL4 mapping will be available in ALV? For my part I do like the look and certain features a lot more on ALV.

Also, if we could change/ customize the icons size ourselves it would be great. As an example, in the library, having all the instrument icons in the same page without having to scroll down

Thanks

pmeter

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 03:52:32 pm »
I'm deciding whether or not to buy a KeyLab MK2 keyboard and wonder if the use of the knobs like ADSR is already deprecated before I bought it, or if Arturia will continue to develope software for the KeyLab MK2. Only if the latter is the case, I will buy the keyboard. I don't want to buy it if there will be no further updates of Analog Lab after version 4 that work well with the keyboard. And then I mean mappings for Cutoff freq, ADSR etc.

marie_arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2021, 03:05:48 pm »
Hi all,
We are releasing a new version of Analog Lab very soon that improves the keylab workflow ! Hope you'll like it

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2021, 04:37:14 pm »
Hi all,
We are releasing a new version of Analog Lab very soon that improves the keylab workflow ! Hope you'll like it

Just installed the latest AL5 (v.5.1.0.1325) but can not see any major changes to the parameter mapping.  The 10 knobs and 9 faders present in AL4 are essential for changing things on-the-fly.

This latest AL5 'vanilla' version just does not cut it for me.
Windows-11, 64gb ram, Nuendo 11.0.41, V7 Collection, Pigments, OB-Xa, CS-80 V4.

marie_arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 10:16:25 am »
Have you tried changing the controller layout in the Settings > Midi > Midi Controller ?
We added a Generic 9 knobs + 9 faders layout

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines