March 28, 2024, 07:25:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab was better V4 (before)  (Read 6493 times)

Vandergraph

• Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab was better V4 (before)
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 02:38:12 am »
I have not worked on LabV a lot so far but I can comment the following when comparing with Lab4:

LABV plus:
- I prefer the overall  ''black look'', more modern, but not the home page
- Like the RHS set up window
- studio window is good
- Keyb setting quick access (bottom screen) is better, specially when using 2 controllers (my old loved Yamaha KX8 piano..)

LAB4 plus
- I have a Keylab MKII and find it better integrated with lab4 then labV, especially for the direct instrument type selection 9 buttons. These are not the same in labV. Will there be a way to remap those the way we want?
- Samething actually for all the premaped knobs and sliders names / fonctions, They were a perfect match on Lab4. I wish we will eventually be able to map them the sameway. I found that pretty good to actually rely on the keyboard and not always on screen. with LabV, premaping is different. no true ADSR

That's it so far

theboysmithy

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2021, 07:40:58 pm »
I have to agree with all the general criticism of Analog Lab V, it's a user experience nightmare, particularly for those users (like me) who have invested in Arturia controller hardware (KeyLab Mkii) for the integration between hardware and software. Operating it from the keyboard is now completely broken - even for simple things, like changing patch categories, let alone the editing controls. I'm glad I haven't upgraded yet to V collection 8, and I won't until those new instrument's patches are presented in anything like a useful way.

Please - Arturia - listen to your users, this needs attention!

mharry

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2021, 04:39:18 am »
I just wanted to join the gang here and vent about how much I dislike version V. I find the whole look of it so chunky and childish. And like others have said the integration with hardware like the mkii is pretty awful. Just wanted to put that here in the hope that Arturia learns from the feedback.

Dante503

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 03:59:07 am »
I am about to buy my first Arturia product and was wondering if there's an upgrade price from AL4 to ALV and if there is one, how much is it

pmeter

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 03:41:08 pm »
In Analog Lab 4 there are knobs like 'Cutoff freq', which corresponds with the description on many softsynths and the text on the Keylab MKII keyboards. In Analog Lab 5 I see things like 'Brightness' instead of 'Cutoff freq', even when I choose to edit the instrument. Is there a setting to get the more technical terms that correspond to the synth itself and the Keylab MKII back below the instrument?

marie_arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 03:07:28 pm »
Hi all,
We are releasing a new version of Analog Lab very soon that improves the keylab workflow, and also the performances of the browsing (and it's really better) ! Hope you'll like it

theboysmithy

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2021, 09:52:45 pm »
"We are releasing a new version of Analog Lab very soon that improves the keylab workflow, and also the performances of the browsing (and it's really better)"

This is very welcome news - thanks Arturia for listening to users

theboysmithy

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2021, 03:43:33 pm »
I've just installed the new 5.1 update.

MUCH better, thanks Arturia - my KeyLab Mkii feels like it's integrated again now (have just upgraded to V8 as a result = lots of new instruments to learn  ;D)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines