March 28, 2024, 10:33:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Convert/import presets from Jupiter8 V3 to Jupiter8 V4  (Read 7102 times)

janne.gayen@gmail.com

Convert/import presets from Jupiter8 V3 to Jupiter8 V4
« on: December 14, 2020, 09:33:16 pm »
Hi
I have bought and even made many presets myself for the Jupiter 8 V3 and I would like to import them to the new Jupiter 8. BUt I can´t do thjat or am I missing something?
Do I need a program converter?
Any ideas?
Best
Jan

marie_arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: Convert/import presets from Jupiter8 V3 to Jupiter8 V4
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 04:03:29 pm »
Hi,
Sadly it is not possible to import presets from the Jup V3 to the V4, because we removed the upper/lower parts and the advanced panel is entirely different. Since the presets would not sound the same we did not provide a preset converter. Do you think it would be useful, even if it only keep the voice parameters ?

Marie

chintimin

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 07:15:06 pm »
I created an account so I could chime in. Yes. Yes, it very much would be. If nothing else, it would be nice to have an update which includes the factory presets, but being able to import the custom ones I'd hand moved from the jupiter 8 to v3 would be VERY much appreciated. I understand that the other parameters not present on the actual machine aren't the same between the two VSTs, I'm fine with that.

inadream

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 05:05:42 am »
Loading or being able to recreate v3 presets in v4 would be amazing.

Néstor

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 11:42:58 pm »
Totally agree... V4 sounds amazing (not saying that V3 sounded bad, of course), but I miss the original catalogue of factory presets, and it would be great to be able to import the V3 user presets into the V4.

I also miss the layer (dual, split...) options that were in V3... I'm glad that it's possible to keep both versions (and a bit afraid of loosing the V3 version!), but it would be nice to keep this features in V4. Keeping both versions it's not ideal...

Adorion

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 04:55:04 pm »
Hi all!
I have the same "problem" but okay - so I´ll have the old and the new version installed. It would nevertheless be nice, when this info would be available before upgrading.

Thanks and have a wonderful christmas time!

e13lad

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 01:08:40 pm »
I upgraded from V collection 7 to 8 and my Jup8 v3 and presets have been removed from Komplete browser and been replaced by V4 presets of which there are MUCH fewer presets  (I think about half as many) so browsing my old presets from keyboard is no longer possible although I find this a great way to preview patches.

Also every patch on Jup8 V4 is duplicated in browser with every second one having a sound preview and every other one being silent. (see attached image)

I would rather have my old V3 back and unistall V4.  Will uninstalling V4 and reistalling V3 give me back my V3 and its presets  in Komplete Kontrol

Also whilst posting here can I ask should Emulator II, Jun-6 and Vocoder be available in Komplete Kontrol because although this has been updated, it is not currently showing these instruments

jasonwann

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 05:40:52 am »
Please make a converter, it would be very very helpful as I have purchased preset bags that are not usable in version 4

giacecco

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 09:59:39 am »
+1, it doesn't make sense that the presets - from just one version back - stop being supported and cannot be imported, after having invested so much work in it! I expected better from Arturia, I actually struggle believing this.

e13lad

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 10:23:54 am »
What makes it ridiculous is that Analog Lab is supposed to be the hub that lets you access all your Arturia synths but Analog lab 4 only shows you Jup-8 v3 and analog lab 5 only shows you Jup-8 v4. They are treated as two totally different synths and you can only have access to one or the other within analog lab depending which version you open. On top of that v3 is no longer available in Komplete Kontrol as it was overwritten by v4 which I have not used as still using v3

They should have named them differently if they are not compatible  e.g. Jup-8 and Jup-8a and allowed users to have access to them both from within analog lab

LBH

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 08:21:43 pm »
What makes it ridiculous is that Analog Lab is supposed to be the hub that lets you access all your Arturia synths but Analog lab 4 only shows you Jup-8 v3 and analog lab 5 only shows you Jup-8 v4. They are treated as two totally different synths and you can only have access to one or the other within analog lab depending which version you open. On top of that v3 is no longer available in Komplete Kontrol as it was overwritten by v4 which I have not used as still using v3

They should have named them differently if they are not compatible  e.g. Jup-8 and Jup-8a and allowed users to have access to them both from within analog lab
Hi,

If you check "Include Legacy Sounds" in ALV's menu, then your JUP-3 presets will be availble in ALV and open as Jup-3 presets like before.

Jup-4 does'nt overwrite Jup-3. They install alongside each other.
Nothing should be changed in Komplete Kontrol.

e13lad

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 03:45:03 pm »
Hi,

If you check "Include Legacy Sounds" in ALV's menu, then your JUP-3 presets will be availble in ALV and open as Jup-3 presets like before.

Jup-4 does'nt overwrite Jup-3. They install alongside each other.
Nothing should be changed in Komplete Kontrol.

Hi LBH

Actually I stand corrected on the first point. I checked again and ticked  "Include legacy sounds"  and the JUP-8 v3 presets are now listed in ALV. So thank you for that I had not spotted that option initially.

As for the problem with KK that persists and after some digging I worked out why and why I had every preset appearing twice in list.

In KK only Jup-8 v3 is listed 

All KK presets for Arturia are stored at    C:\ProgramData\Arturia\SynthName\Third Party\Native Instruments\presets

I noticed that C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Jup-8 V4\Third Party\Native Instruments\presets  just contained exactly the same files as Jup-8 v3

This is why I was getting duplicates of all the preset names for Jup-8 v3 in KK

An uninstall and reinstall of Jup-8 v4 then created another directory within the one above and it was named \Orig presets, however I had to manually delete all the  NKSF files in the \preset folder in order to get rid of duplicates in KK

I noticed that the preset folders for some synths do not contain NKSF files for the presets but a fake.nksf file, neither do they contain a PAResources or .preset folder.

Jup-8 v4,  Emulater II, Juno 6 and Vocoder are the four instruments that have no  .nkfs files for presets  and no PAResources directory inside the presets directory , which I assume is why they don't appear in KK (yes you can open them as plug-ins but no access directly from KK Keyboard).

Thanks again for putting me right on the ALV issue, much appreciated.

LBH

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 04:29:44 pm »
Hi e13lad.

The new V-Collection 8 applications you mention - including Jup-8 v4 does'nt have any NKS files. At least not yet.

So you have the Jup-8 V3 NKS files like before.
However - I can actually confirm the duplicate NKS files. That's a wierd thing, and must be a fault from Arturia. You can report the duplicate issue to Arturia support.

You can use applications that like Jup-8 V4 have no NKS files in Komplete Kontrol, and you can create NKS files yourself.
As long an application don't have any factory or user NKS files, then you can access the application through Komplete Kontrols top menu. (The drop down menu right of the magnifying glass.)

e13lad

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2021, 05:07:58 pm »

Hi LBH

I am pleased to hear you have the duplicate issue to. That sounds wrong  (sorry) but makes me feel better knowing it is not just me ;-)

No Jup-8 v4 in my list in KK (see attached image) - It has only ever been Jup-08 v3

Having to go to PC screen and open plug-ins kind of defies the purpose of having a KK keyboard, but yes it can be done

I have created NKS files myself in the past for Korg, Tal, Sylenth, V-station, Bass station etc using preset magician but that is no longer supported and doesnt work with Arturia.
I could manually open all presets individually for say Juno & Emulator on PC and then manually save each one to user preset, but that is time consuming. Unless you know of a faster way.

I know when OB-Xa was released there was no KK support for it and it came a few weeks later, but time has come since release of VC and the 4 instruments still waiting for KK support.

Can you confirm that you have Jup-8 v4 in your plug-in list in KK

Many thanks

LBH

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2021, 07:21:37 pm »
Hi again e13lad,

Your welcome.

It's allways nice to have something confirmed.

I have Jup-8 V4 where you have'nt in Komplete Kontrol. And i can load Jup-8 V4 inside Komplete Kontrol.
Have you tried to rescan your plug-ins in Komplete Kontrol? And checked the paths?

I can say, that i'm not a fan of the NKS system.
I think it's a way for NI to get people into their eco system. To me it's really not that great to use.

Also i can't see why it's not NI that have to provide a easy way for users to get NKS files, instead of having everyone to pay for it, even if they don't use NKS. Why did'nt they just create a system, that did'nt require speciel presets, that like in Arturias case does'nt even have the same fleksible functionality that Arturia own preset system have? You can't even use the NKS files outside Komplete Kontrol. The system is to closed for me. What do you think is the purpose with that, for a big company like NI?

I've had Novation automap for years, and for many years many manufactors did'nt even create a single map for it, and also other manufactors have similar systems where vendors does'nt provide anything.
NKS files will only be provided by other manufactors, if a manufactor can get a profit. Why else do NI's work for them  so NI can sell controllers, especially if a manufactor like ie Arturia also sell controllers?
Beside that, then NI have allready dished one preset system (Kore) they also sold the Kore controller for. How to know they don't do that again?
I think a system shall use the manufactors own presets and preset system, or all manufactors should use the same system.

I think all people that want NKS files delievered, should complain to NI. It's their system. Arturia and other manufactors are not obligated to create NKS, unless NI have paid for it, and keep paying for it.
Or they can request for NKS files from other manufactors.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:28:03 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines