April 29, 2024, 02:34:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC Issues?  (Read 7069 times)

paultumelty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ASC Issues?
« on: December 08, 2020, 07:44:38 pm »
Is anyone else having trouble with ASC today? I opened today and it self updated, but now can't log in. Says there is no network connection. Also arturia.com seems a bit hit and miss. Possibly due to the release of the V8 collection?

I've had a couple of blue screens since the install, but not convinced it's Arturia. The Intel Driver and Support Agent also just installed around the same time and it seems to be related to that....

yelemusic

Re: ASC Issues?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 08:14:59 pm »
Yes, same here ???

TheAndyMac

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 08:43:55 pm »
Similar here - it starts but goes into the background and does not show the UI at all. Have tried killing the process and starting it again, rebooting the PC and reinstalling (including on another PC) and always the same. In my case, just had the Windows 10 Patch Tuesday updates to my machines (on 20H2) prior to this. Have tried uninstalling the Windows updates and still the same, so seems to be something with ASC itself.

Having just spent the (not inconsiderable) money on an upgrade to V Collection 8 as really liking some of the new synths, really disappointed that can't install them (at least easily without manually grabbing all the relevant installers).

Have asked tech support on this, but thought worth adding to this thread as well. I hope they get this sorted PDQ.

paultumelty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 08:49:14 pm »
The update took ages for me, then when it restarted, I had the same as you. The UI takes about 3 minutes to open, and then you can't get past the login screen and it says "Can't connect to the Arturia servers".

You can continue offline, although not sure if that will allow you to get your new toys and activate everything :)

badway

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 08:57:55 pm »
Same on Mac for the last few hours, very frustrating.

bjorn

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 09:18:26 pm »
I'm having trouble logging in with ASC. Got in once but then got kicked out. Not sure if this relates to the V Collection 8 release? I had trouble getting on their website for a while, too, but was able to get in eventually.

badway

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 10:36:38 pm »
ASC seems to be up and running now (2pm PST). Also, I had to disconnect my VPN in order for the license to synch, good luck!

paultumelty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 10:41:04 pm »
I've just tried again now and it took a little while, but has logged in and synchronized licenses :)

I only own V7 but was slightly dissappointed to not see Analog Lab V in my list of updates. I'm sure when V7 came out, my V6 license of Analog Labs was updated to the version included in V7, along with a couple of other VST's.

Doesn't seem to have happened this time around :(

paultumelty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 10:55:04 pm »
Yay, Analog Lab V update is free!, just need to install as a seperate product :)

ASC keeps syncing licenses every two minutes, but other than that, seems a lot better!

Jojimbo

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 12:24:28 am »
Also having issues with ASC today, trying to update all and activate V8 Collection. It throws me out for sync check and I end up never being able to finish the downloads.
Perhaps the server is overloaded with eager users trying to check out that Juno 6.. haha.
Hopefully they get it sorted. Maybe time is the only help we will get.

Martyprod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 12:57:59 am »
Yay, Analog Lab V update is free!, just need to install as a seperate product :)

ASC keeps syncing licenses every two minutes, but other than that, seems a lot better!

Just discovered that the Analog Lab 4 update was free too, was very happy and after successfully downloading and installing it "please reactivate your bundle product" lol.. certainly i'll have to be a bit more patient. 4 is working ok, but V is running in demo mode, and with the "reactivate" button not working in ASC, and the activate button not working in Analog lab V. Hope they added a bit more presets to the OB-X ;).

Synth

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 10:50:38 am »
What is going on with this thing? I can't update existing products because the downloads never complete, and I can't install demos because the install hangs.

Vivi

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 01:13:22 pm »
I've had some difficulty with ASC today too: launched an update for Piano V, which seemed stuck mid-download. I couldn't launch anything else, say installing Analog Lab V… except I had managed to uninstall Analog Lab 4 just before (with the update to Piano V already running, if not that well).

I tried the "usual" bug fixing method: turning it off and on again. Had to kill ASC from task manager, then another ASC process that remained in the backgroung. I rebooted my computer and, when I relaunched ASC, it updated itself, forgot it was trying to do stuff to Piano V, and worked like a charm for the few things I had to update or install (Pigments, Analog Lab V, Piano V).

Hope it's as easy for you!

LBH

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2020, 06:08:17 pm »
Hi all,

If you have stuck download procesure, then perhaps your ASC have'nt updated itself. If it have'nt, then i suggest you download the new ASC installer from the download pages and install it. After doing that i would think, that downloading and installing through ASC should work.

Also keep in mind, that the servers very well van be overloaded, when many try to download at the same time. Try download at other times.

Also the websites can be slow or unfunctional because of traffic.

Keep in mind that Analog Lab 4 and Analog Lab V can be installed alongside eachother. It might be a good idea to keep both, at least for a beginning.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 06:15:52 pm by LBH »

Martyprod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2020, 07:21:58 pm »
Hi all,

If you have stuck download procesure, then perhaps your ASC have'nt updated itself. If it have'nt, then i suggest you download the new ASC installer from the download pages and install it. After doing that i would think, that downloading and installing through ASC should work.

Also keep in mind, that the servers very well van be overloaded, when many try to download at the same time. Try download at other times.

Also the websites can be slow or unfunctional because of traffic.

Keep in mind that Analog Lab 4 and Analog Lab V can be installed alongside eachother. It might be a good idea to keep both, at least for a beginning.

Hello !

1) i have installed the last version of ASC
2) i can't re-activate analog 4 (don't know if it's an issue with the server of the installation), because of this, analog V is in demo mode.
Analog 4 seems to not be in demo. yes, i keep analog 4 because from what i saw, some specific presets lost their effects in analog V as the effects have been completly redone as told by one of the message displayed.
3) i mainly keep it because there is something i don't undertand. and i don't know if it's a limit of the demo or a bug or something normal. but Analog 4 has around 7000 presets. but analog V display an availability of 3100 presets. so where are the 4000 presets missing ?

i'm sure we're close, there are always issues at launch of a new product.  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines