March 28, 2024, 09:57:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 5 Important Requests (Substep / Program change ...)  (Read 2622 times)

baron_vlad

• Apprentice
5 Important Requests (Substep / Program change ...)
« on: August 14, 2020, 11:08:41 am »
Hi this is for me important request in order of priority

Transpose Arpegiator : OK ! ;)
Save Arp as a pattern : OK in v2 ! ;)
Program change : To program change external gear.
Substep : A option to have multiple step in one step (to make drum roll)
Control pattern for each track.
Change length note like the keystep pro. Hold a step and press another step to quick change length.
Record ModWhell
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 05:05:22 pm by baron_vlad »

Andrew Henderson

Re: 3 Important Request (Transpose Arpegiator / Substep / Program change)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 12:19:38 pm »
Absolutely and 100%.  All are very valid requests and the lack of being able to send program change messages to my external gear, bites me in the ass, every day.

baron_vlad

• Apprentice
Re: 4 Important Requests (Transpose Arpegiator / Substep / Program change ...)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 06:16:48 pm »
Update with new firmware.

synthcreep

• Apprentice
Re: 5 Important Requests (Transpose Arpegiator / Substep / Program change ...)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 08:10:44 pm »
Hurray!

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: 5 Important Requests (Transpose Arpegiator / Substep / Program change ...)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 09:16:47 pm »
1 out of 5 are implemented so far
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

eric

• Apprentice
+1000

baron_vlad

• Apprentice
Update with new firmware 2.0
Better ! But it still missing important things...

Andrew Henderson

Re: 5 Important Requests (Substep / Program change ...)
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 11:08:08 pm »
What sorts of stuff is still left to be seen?  I know I have a list too, but am I curious what others are feeling they are missing.

baron_vlad

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 01:57:08 am »
Yes now its 5 request :-\
In order if priority for me.
(7 when the topic is created)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 01:59:21 am by baron_vlad »

christophet

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 04:43:29 am »
At least I would like to see a control track per track. Especially because the manual (even in its current version) seems to clearly state that this what you have! But it’s not and you are stuck with 5 CC for the 4 tracks. When you want to make ambient electronic it’s a big limitation.
Hopefully we can also record pitch bend, aftertouch and mod wheel. Seems pretty basic for a 2020 keyboard…
The argument about the fact that these values are continuous and not by steps does not hold. The fact you have steps for notes at some resolution does not mean you cannot record under the hood at a finer resolution… That is exactly what the control track is doing.
As for the memory argument, come on Arturia, I can record hours of midi notes, CCs, pitch bend, mod wheel … data on my 6 year old phone…

christophet

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 02:38:16 pm »
At least I would like to see a control track per track. Especially because the manual (even in its current version) seems to clearly state that this what you have! But it’s not and you are stuck with 5 CC for the 4 tracks. When you want to make ambient electronic it’s a big limitation.
Hopefully we can also record pitch bend, aftertouch and mod wheel. Seems pretty basic for a 2020 keyboard…
The argument about the fact that these values are continuous and not by steps does not hold. The fact you have steps for notes at some resolution does not mean you cannot record under the hood at a finer resolution… That is exactly what the control track is doing.
As for the memory argument, come on Arturia, I can record hours of midi notes, CCs, pitch bend, mod wheel … data on my 6 year old phone…

I wouldn't keep your hopes up, Arturia staff said numerous times here and on other forums that the design of the KSP 1 prevents these implementations. I would suggest to wait for the KSP 2, as those features have been indeed falsely advertised. So much for a '2020 Keyboard' true that...  :-\

Yeah. Unfortunately I agree with you. But the KSP version 2 already exists. It’s called a novation SL mk3. Does everything the KSP does not and even more…

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines