April 29, 2024, 09:50:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab Essential 49 doesnt want to work on my PC !!  (Read 5715 times)

AbdulhamedCh

• Apprentice
KeyLab Essential 49 doesnt want to work on my PC !!
« on: February 06, 2020, 12:44:19 pm »
My Keylab essential 49 came yesterday and until today i am not able to set it up to work with my pc.
It is not recognized by Analog Lab (there i can play with my normal keyboard and its working and i hear sound), but its not working with the plugged in KeyLab Essential 49. In MCC i cant update the firmware (its showing -> Firmware revision :unknows)it allways shows that there is an error openening the device and i cant manage to fix it.I Tried to remove it from devices in control panel and nothing still not working.
In Ableton live the controller is not recognized.
I tried to use another usb ports on my machine, i namely tried all of them and nothing helped me. I also did update chipset and unplugged all usb devices -> didnt help neither!!!!!

Did i just become a defected device and i need to return it ? Please help me.

In Attachment you can find how my Controller is recognized in device manager. And some other maybe helpful images.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 01:09:43 pm by AbdulhamedCh »

LBH

Re: KeyLab Essential 49 doesnt want to work on my PC !!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 01:47:41 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

You can try to make a factory reset like explained in the manaul. It look like you perhaps have a firmware issue.
You can also contact Arturia support.
It can't be ruled out, that you need to return the unit and get another.

AbdulhamedCh

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 01:48:58 pm »
I tried to do a factory reset and didnt help :(

AbdulhamedCh

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 02:28:31 pm »
how i can fix this firmware issue ? Will Bios update help ?

LBH

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 04:38:38 pm »
I don't have a Arturia keyboard, so i'm not the best guide for this.
What happens if you Click Upgrade in the popup windown you show?
I can see a bew firmware on the download pages from October 2019. Perhaps it's about that.

Otherwise then contact Arturia support as i suggested.

gphantom

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 05:47:01 pm »
You can try to connect the controller to another computer/laptop to see if it has the same problems.  If it works then the problem is your computer.
You can also try to change the USB cable.  Sometimes, there's a problem with it.  Use the one that comes with the keylab and not some other cable.  Some USB cables are only used to charge a device and don't have any communication pins.  In other cases, one of the pins may not be making contact for some reason.  If you were using the USB that came with the controller, try another USB cable.

AbdulhamedCh

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 06:00:28 pm »
When clicking on upgrade a pop up shows Error cannot open the device, maybe its used from another application or so. But i dont have any other application that is using my midi. Note that when i plug my MIDI in, i can see the device KeyLab Essential 49 as Connected but the Error shows again.I am trying to install windows on my ubuntu laptop and install MCC to test the KeyLab out. i used wine on ubuntu and it didnt work when connected the midi keyboard. I will test it out and repost the results here.

Note I contacted Arturia support yesterday and still waiting for answer.

AbdulhamedCh

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 12:23:17 am »
Hey, so after testing my KeyLab on my laptop it worked fine on a fresh installation of windows. So as i couldn't manage to make it work on my PC because i had a problem with the usb slots (i still dont understand why, maybe some devil service that is running on background and doing its bad stuff!) i reinstalled windows on my PC and it works! i even managed to update firmware to 1.1.6.

Thanks for your help !!

ld57

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 02:54:14 pm »
Hi!
I had similar problems after a win7 to win10 upgrade.
The keylab worked for basic things (but no lcd feedback on Analog Lab), and the Midi Control Center crashed all the time.
Finally everything worked fine after I plugged the keylab in a USB Hub!! Unpowered one, something that's not recommended, but now it works...
Ludo
My Keylab essential/Ableton set-up tutorial https://drolez.com/blog/music/arturia-keylab-ableton-setup.php

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines