April 28, 2024, 11:24:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Allow Pigments to look samples into personal SUB-folders  (Read 1198 times)

creal

• Apprentice
Allow Pigments to look samples into personal SUB-folders
« on: January 10, 2020, 05:08:43 pm »
Hello,

All is in the title. For now, we have to add all folders separately. It would be more convenient to only add our "big" personal folder containing all the subfolders  we are accustomed to.

Thanks,

creal.

EDIT: sorry for my english, I wanted to write that the structure should be reproduced, so that we can browse by clicking a subfolder to explore its samples.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:13:28 am by creal »

LBH

Re: Allow Pigments to look samples into personal SUB-folders
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 10:48:08 pm »
It's possibe to create folders as you say. And yes - it would in addition to this also be useful to be able to use subfolders.

spacef

• Apprentice
    • SpaceF-Devices
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 09:16:14 am »
I agree for sub-folders only if all samples of the directory are not imported into the same location: ie, it should reproduce the sub-folder structure and keep samples in their respective subfolders.

For example, I have sampled a synth on 6 octaves (c1 to c5) and I want to keep each sample in subfolders named "C0 to C5" because it is easier to edit sounds like that by browsing through all samples of the same note (for sounds with a sample on each octave slot).

Mehdi

spacef-devices.com

https://spacef-devices.com/  (Scope devices)
https://midipoti.com   (overlays and stuff)

creal

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 10:12:34 am »
Totally agree.

Indeed, I rather meant that it should "reproduce the sub-folder structure and keep samples in their respective subfolders" as you said.

Your example is relevant.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines