May 20, 2024, 08:38:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Duo aftertouch on origin keyboard  (Read 4056 times)

moogy blues

• Acoustic Focus
Duo aftertouch on origin keyboard
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:31:54 pm »
Intrigued by this duo aftertouch function with the new origin keyboard.

I find channel aftertouch a bit limiting and would be interested if there are other midi keyboards available that i can plug into my Origin module

Would be good if Arturia considered a midi keyboard we could plug in separate to the module   ;)

Philippe

Re: Duo aftertouch on origin keyboard
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 09:07:35 pm »

This is a mode that provides a quasi polyphonic (channel) aftertouch. It will be available on the Origin Keyboard only.

Would be good if Arturia considered a midi keyboard we could plug in separate to the module

I'll forward your wish to my boss  :)
Origin Lead  Developer

moogy blues

• Acoustic Focus
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 09:15:15 pm »
Ace!   8)

time permitting of course   :)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 10:42:29 pm »

This is a mode that provides a quasi polyphonic (channel) aftertouch. It will be available on the Origin Keyboard only.

does this mean we can have lest's say a string sound on the left, played chorded and a solo sound on the right, aftertouch pressed on the right will only affects the right sound, not the chord ? (i mean each sound on its own midi channel)

Philippe

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 10:16:02 am »
does this mean we can have lest's say a string sound on the left, played chorded and a solo sound on the right, aftertouch pressed on the right will only affects the right sound, not the chord ? (i mean each sound on its own midi channel)

I cannot say too much on that particular aspect because this feature is still under development and we may have to modify the current specification. The idea is : the note range is divided into zones and you'll be able to choose a pressure mode on each individual zone. If you enable this new aftertouch mode then the pressure is applied to the last note played within the zone.
Origin Lead  Developer

Cord

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 10:17:07 pm »
That doesn't make it polyphonic aftertouch though, where a single note can be influenced by the respective key aftertouch.

Philippe

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 11:36:00 pm »
That doesn't make it polyphonic aftertouch though, where a single note can be influenced by the respective key aftertouch.

Absolutely right. That's why I used the expression "quasi polyphonic aftertouch". However you can get in your playing a feeling which is not far from what you get with a true poly aftertouch.
Origin Lead  Developer

drogoff

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 12:09:21 am »
It sounds like Arturia is trying.  I wish I could play it.  I don't live far from the Anaheim Convention Center, but I don't have a NAMM pass :(

Now that the VAX77 keyboard actually seems like a real product (which I'd also love to try at NAMM....), it would be amazing for Arturia and Infinite Response to work together on a Origin Keyboard Plus, using their poly-aftertouch mechanism!  I hope they're at least plugging a VAX77 into an Origin at the show to trying them out together!!!

David

moogy blues

• Acoustic Focus
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 11:34:17 am »
Now that the VAX77 keyboard actually seems like a real product (which I'd also love to try at NAMM....), it would be amazing for Arturia and Infinite Response to work together on a Origin Keyboard Plus, using their poly-aftertouch mechanism!  I hope they're at least plugging a VAX77 into an Origin at the show to trying them out together!!!

David

VAX77 costs $2500  :-X

Have to confess my main interest is true poly aftertouch at a reasonable price.

The only real contender I've found so far is the Roland A90 from the mid 80s  :(
and this is far from ideal

I believe there is an issue with the volume of MIDI data created by poly aftertouch but surely the usb 2 outlet/inlet could cope with this  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:36:49 am by moogy blues »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines