May 14, 2024, 08:37:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connecting Keylab 61 mkII to Logic without software install  (Read 955 times)

misterbell

Connecting Keylab 61 mkII to Logic without software install
« on: December 10, 2021, 03:37:28 pm »
I would like to connect the Keylab 61 mkII to Logic Pro on my new M1 MacBook Pro, but I do not wish to install additional software. Reason: The Arturia installer insists on installing Rosetta, and I want to only run native Apple Silicon code on my machine. I've gone to a lot of trouble to only install native M1 software.

It is somewhat disappointing to see that Logic has no direct knowledge of Keylab 61 mkii in its list of control surfaces. The internet abounds with instructions on adding a Mackie Design control surface instead. Go figure.

Is there any way to use my keyboard in Logic without installing Rosetta or additional software?

apeter

• Apprentice
Re: Connecting Keylab 61 mkII to Logic without software install
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 10:00:36 am »
What do you want to achieve? Just using the KeyLab MkII as remote control, just standard keys?
Installing a Keylab as Mackie HUI IS the standard procedure...

Why do you want to avoid Rosetta? you can clearly seperate what applications run under Rosetta or native.
BTW: Logic does run native, but starts intel based plugins under Rosetta in background...

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Connecting Keylab 61 mkII to Logic without software install
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 01:28:25 pm »
The latest version of V Collection, including AL5, is now compatible with M1, but perhaps wasn't when you first tried several weeks ago.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines