April 20, 2024, 05:38:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Weird tuning issues.  (Read 2880 times)

kenland

• Apprentice
Weird tuning issues.
« on: June 08, 2023, 01:42:26 am »
First the setup.

Logic 10.7.7 on a MacBook Pro M2.
B3-V2 version 2.8.0.3420 (arm64)

Had a client send a file recorded in logic on the Vintage B3 plugin.  I often find I prefer the Arturia V plugins so I thought I'd copy the track, replace with B3-V2 on the copied track, copy over the settings and voila! much better sounding organ track.

Found a couple of issues.

1.  B3-V2 home key is an octave up from the Logic stock plugin.  OK, no problem, transpose down an octave and we're good.  Wait, there's still a problem.
2.  B3-V2 sounds horrific with the track.  When I stop and play both the Logic stock Vintage B3 and the B3-V2 at same time from controller, the B3-V2 is playing a half step up.  Very Strange.

I checked tuning (440Hz) on the plugin and the tuning in logic (also set to 440Hz - Equal Temperament)

OK, transpose down another half step and all should be good.  Right?

Mostly - the scale (temperament) seems to be a bit different going up, even with Leslies, chorusing, etc bypassed on both instruments - pulled just the 8' drawbar on both and the difference is noticeable and bothersome.

I'm trying to figure a good way to test between them for this.  I have a strobe tuner at home, so when I get there I can try that to determine what the tuning differential is.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Ken
Engineer, Producer, Musician.  Lots of cool gear and lots of crappy gear.  Most gets used!

LBH

Re: Weird tuning issues.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 10:34:01 am »
Hello,

The half step difference is strange. Are you sure it's not your DAW that have a track transposed?

I think it's a good idea to use a tuner. Are you sure Arturias B3 V2 is responsible for a big detune?

I don't use MAC and Logic.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines