April 28, 2024, 05:08:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP + SP404sx issue  (Read 860 times)

madtraffick

• Apprentice
BSP + SP404sx issue
« on: March 26, 2019, 06:41:10 pm »
I've got a volca and BSP rig set up but I'm trying to use my old 404 for the drums, as I prefer my own samples with effects for individual pads rather than the volca sample.

I can set up the volcas just fine, but am having issues with the 404.  I set the 404 midi to channel 10, or 1, or whatever (I've tried a few) and have the drum mode on BSP set to same channel.  But I can never get it to sound the pads.  I've messed around a bit in MCC but couldn't figure it out (new to midi).  Also seen several other threads that discuss this but cound't pinpoint my answer.

Anyone use the 404 as primary drums for BSP?  Best method of setup?  Anyone have a good way to add effects to individual volca sample hits (my back-up plan)?

THANK YOU

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BSP + SP404sx issue
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 07:11:45 am »
Check your SP404 manual to find out which MIDI note numbers the 404's pads trigger are set to.  Note them down and then use MCC to create a drum map with the pads set to the same MIDI note numbers as them.  Also set the Drum Seq to the same MIDI channel as the 404 by selecting the Drum Seq and holding the channel button and using the corresponding step button.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:13:41 am by megamarkd »
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines