April 27, 2024, 09:40:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V collection 6 upgrade - conflicting promos ???  (Read 3235 times)

rpm108

• Apprentice
V collection 6 upgrade - conflicting promos ???
« on: November 16, 2018, 04:08:41 am »
I’m puzzled and disappointed by the current conflicting promotions and pricing.
Based on the numerous threads along the same lines, it seems I am not alone.

I currently own Analog Lab 3, as well as the Filters and Preamps.
(I started with Analog Factory many years ago.)
I am interested in upgrading to V Collection 6 -AND- purchasing KeyLab 2 or Essentials.
I just received a promotional offer to upgrade to VC6 for $199.
Considering that brand new customers can now buy VC6 for $249, this isn’t exactly a killer deal.  Looks a bit like a fire sale before release of ... VC 7 maybe?

However, the promo for the KeyLab products includes Analog Lab (already own it, and I’d get it with VC6 again anyway), plus either 2 or 3 VC instruments (depending on KeyLab model).
This promo is no incenive at all for VC6 owners so the promos on the KeyLab products are effectively null for me.

Arturia:  How about promos that don’t negate each other?  Maybe a better discount on VC6 upgrade for KeyLab owners?  Or a better promo on KeyLab for VC6 owners?
The current promos are not logical or fair, and just plain don’t  make sense. 
There’s more incentive to become a new customer, than to stay a loyal customer.  ???
Cmon guys, take care of your fan base!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 03:33:17 pm by rpm108 »

rpm108

• Apprentice
Re: V collection 6 upgrade - conflicting promos ???
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 12:27:41 pm »
Does anyone know if I buy a KeyLab and get several VC instruments in the process (current KeyLab promos), will this result in a better offer on full VC 6 upgrade?   Anyone?    ???

LBH

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 01:08:52 pm »
Does anyone know if I buy a KeyLab and get several VC instruments in the process (current KeyLab promos), will this result in a better offer on full VC 6 upgrade?   Anyone?    ???
I suggest you contact Arturia directly about this.

rpm108

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 03:01:55 pm »
Thanks LBH.  I sent them a note.  Let’s see what happens.
Fingers crossed. 

LBH

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 05:21:03 pm »
Your welcome. I can't say what Aruria will say.

I would say, it would be good, if there was a speciel price for the controller, if one allready own V-Collection, or if one wan't to buy V-Collection at the same time as the controller, as Analog Lab that's included in V-Collection is part of the controller package.

And if you own at least one registred controller, and you wan't to buy V-Collection, then there should be a discount for V-Collection for the same reason, if it's not used to buy a V-Collection before by any owner.

And if you own at least one registred controller, then you should get a discount, if you buy another controller having the same software for other controllers.

This should be normal transparent procedure in my view. And save time for all parts too.

(In you case the reduced price for the controller should be the discount you should get because you own V-Collection. Not more discount for the upgrade, and especially not on a discount offer for an upgrade. That i think could be considered under certain circumstances of some kind for individuel personal offers.)

The culprit is, that software packages is often called free, and is used as promotion. I just feel cheated about that, if i actually get to pay for the software if i choose to buy more, but it's free, if i don't buy more. And i for example don't get Analog Lab for free if i buy V-Collection.

rpm108

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 01:04:57 pm »
Well I received a very nice response. 
...Along with a very clear “no”.   :(

Looks like this won’t be the year I standardize on Arturia.
Time to shop other sales.

Wondering - if I do buy any Arturia products and get free duplicate versions of Analog Lab or other software I already own - I can sell those duplicate copies right?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 01:20:08 pm »
Wondering - if I do buy any Arturia products and get free duplicate versions of Analog Lab or other software I already own - I can sell those duplicate copies right?
Yeah I've been wondering this. I've been thinking of going for the new KeyLab 49 mkII but as a VC6 owner I don't need any of the software licences that come with it. In an ideal world there would be an option for existing customers to get a discount if they don't need the software, but this is probably too complex to manage.

The only thing stopping me from selling the software licences and keeping the hardware is that for new new owner to register it they need the activation code and the serial number of the hardware device. And I really don't want to let a new owner have the s/n om my keyboard.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 03:08:19 pm »
You should check with Arturia support about your ability to resale, but one way you can also check - is to login to your Arturia account and go to the 'My Products' page.  In my case .. I can see my V Collection 4 - with " Crossgrade Cannot be sold separately ".. pretty prominently displayed in the list.  I've had every version of V Collection since the initial one, and they only recently (the past couple of years) started with the NFR policy on reselling upgraded versions...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines