March 28, 2024, 08:45:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyStep and Mother32 sync question  (Read 5015 times)

lnwt

KeyStep and Mother32 sync question
« on: October 21, 2018, 08:33:17 am »
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if I can set the KS arp to a DAW's clock (Ableton) and then use the arp to trigger a Mother32.

I'm trying to land on a live techno setup that syncs a hardware drum machine, the KS and the M32. Not sure if I'm going scott it the wrong way.

Any tips for an abject noob?

Luke

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: KeyStep and Mother32 sync question
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 01:08:25 am »
With regards to sync with DAW, I don't use DAWs so can't comment beyond set your Keystep to external MIDI sync.  The rest is a matter of cables and settings.  Before you run your hardware synchronised to your DAW, perhaps just plug the Keystep to the Mother 32 for a solo jam?  Set the Keystep to internal sync and get your cables.  The simplest connection is a MIDI cable from the Keystep MIDI out to the Mother 32 MIDI in.  Set both to the same nominal MIDI channel (Keystep is shift+the corresponding key, look up the M32's manual for how to set it's channel).  You can also use CV via the 8th inch jacks on the back of the Keystep.  Plug the pitch cable in to the OSC pitch in on the M32, the Gate out to Gate/Trig in, and the last one into the VCA control input.  Also, do a search for MIDI basics and look up a site called "Learing Modular".  Both will bring you upto speed with how to plug your instruments in to play nicely with each other.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines