March 29, 2024, 03:20:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Custom Firmware  (Read 3880 times)

tjvigil66

Custom Firmware
« on: May 26, 2018, 09:34:25 pm »
I have a few Eurorack modular devices (i.e. Mutable Instruments Tides) that allow for different firmwares to be loaded in order to make the device do different things than what the original firmware was designed to do. Every now and then, I see a feature request here that gets a response that the firmware isn't big enough to include what is wanted.

Would this be something that others would be interested in?

dawitti

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • My personal/freelance website
Re: Custom Firmware
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:31:05 pm »
Hi!
I'm not sure, what you mean by the firmware is not big enough.
Could you elaborate on this?

If you're interested in developing custom firmware: The microprocessor (at least of my 2015 model) is a STM32F103 for which there is plenty of information online how to program it.
Extending the firmware Arturia publishes is probably more work than starting from scratch (depending on what you want to do) because you need to get a full and unencrypted firmware package to upload to the processor and then disassemble, change it and reupload it to the processor.

Anyway, I'd be highly interested in any custom firmware work.

I asked Arturia's support what they think of such attempts and they just said that they don't have any position yet, since I was the first person to ask them about it.

Btw, I reverse engineered quite a bit of the sysex messages the BSP understands allowing to do things like changing notes/cc values of pads/encoders, or any other setting without using midi control center.
If anyone's interested in this kind of thing let me know, I could put something on github.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:11:56 am by dawitti »

Plop

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 11:30:41 pm »
I'm more than just "interested" could you please give me (here or in PM) a link to your github  :o ?

Btw i saw on github something that look like a custome firmware (it's a .led) and the name is RGB beatstep pro or something like this, but there is any documentation so i dont want to risk to brick my BSP  ::)

Plop

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 05:02:45 pm »

otzcz

• Apprentice
    • My SC
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 06:06:45 am »
well done, thanks! :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines