March 28, 2024, 06:09:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Split with Control Centre  (Read 5201 times)

Andrew George

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI Split with Control Centre
« on: April 12, 2018, 04:16:53 pm »
I have a horrible feeling that this isn't possible - but I thought I'd be able to set up a split point in MCC to have my Keylab Essential 61 send, say, the bottom 2 octaves to one midi channel, and the top 3 to another? (For controlling 2 x VSTs in Ableton for instance)

Please tell me this isn't a limitation of the Essential series?

Thanks all

LBH

Re: MIDI Split with Control Centre
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 05:13:32 pm »
For the Keylab series there is something about split in the manual, but not for Essentiel version. That indicates this function is'nt avaible for you.

According to the MIDI Cobtrol Center manual "3.2.1. The Project tab" not all devices have access to the needed Project Tab.

You can contact Arturia support directly about this, if needed.

Keep in mind, that some DAWS and many vendores applications including Arturias Analog Lab and some of Arturias individual applications provide split features, that does'nt require a keyboard that have split options.

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 09:38:59 am »
Hi,

As LBH said, there is no split feature on the KeyLab Essential.

Regards,

Matthieu

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 11:10:00 am »
Hey Andrew,

If you are using Ableton, then I really consider looking at Instrument Racks, its a very cool feature that allows for layering, keyboard split, selecting different instruments via velocity or a knob; plus you can layer as many instance as you wish, rename them and control their level

Shown here : https://youtu.be/27vb9d4xajo?t=269

I attached a simple example I made to my message, just drag and drop this file in a midi track and it will add an instrument rack with two instances of Analog Lab, so you can get started and edit it how you want it. Just click on "Key" to change the layering zone

Andrew George

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 11:19:58 am »
Thanks all for the replies again - not something you see on every forum!

I also discovered the Instrument Rack feature of Ableton this morning. Managed to set up exactly the split type I was after. A great system actually, as you can use other VSTs from other providers, with independent effects - and its all set up for performance!

Many thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines