April 19, 2024, 01:40:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SparkLE > connection failed in Ableton  (Read 2419 times)

Kornilios

SparkLE > connection failed in Ableton
« on: March 10, 2018, 06:09:40 pm »
 ???

Good afternoon,

I just bought SparkLE after searching for it for a long time and I am very happy with it!

In Studio One 3.5 the controller works flawless, connects fine as well as in Standalone mode.

The issue occurs with Ableton. Everytime I get an error that connection failed. Although the pads play, none of the other buttons work. (Select, pattern, bank, stop & play etc. - same occurs in Cubase as well)

Ableton is my favorite DAW, so for me it is quite a set back not being able to use my new controller in Ableton.

Is there a specific midi remote script for SparkLE in Ableton to be used as a resource for SparkLE to function? If so, where can I obtain it?

I have tried all midi settings in Ableton with no effect as the error message of SparkLE suggests. I have also searched the internet for solutions, with no luck, tried some scripts that make the SparkLE behave weird. I have firmware 1.0.0.3

I would highly appreciate any feedback

Kind regards,

Kornilios

Kornilios

Re: SparkLE > connection failed in Ableton
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 11:29:12 pm »
Hi there, I think I nailed it! ;D

You need to set SparkLE in midi mode (press the 3 buttons: filter, slicer, roller > simultaneously)
After that start up Ableton and set all all midi connections to SparkLE to off (it doesn't make any difference anyway)
Add SparkLE to a track and press the 3 buttons again to get to normal mode.

Now the SparkLE software will detect the hardware in Ableton and connection succeeds

Eureka!

The should put this in he manual...

have fun!  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines