April 16, 2024, 10:25:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to connect ARP 2600 audio out to Modular Ext audio in?  (Read 1563 times)

Pim

• Apprentice
How to connect ARP 2600 audio out to Modular Ext audio in?
« on: January 22, 2020, 10:18:08 pm »
Hi guys,

I have a weird issue:  ???

In Cubase I am not able to connect the audio from one modular to another, say ARP2600 noise generator to the Modular V3 Ext. audio in. Every time I drag a cable, the cable disappears the moment I enter the window of the other synth. This is not how a modular in the real world behaves. I have a +40 yrs experience with modular synths...

Thanks!
Pim.

LBH

Re: How to connect ARP 2600 audio out to Modular Ext audio in?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 10:33:17 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

You can't drag cables from one applications frontpanel to another applications frontpanel.

If cubase sidechain feature work for this (If so - for VST3 only i think if), then you can use that sidechain feature to send the main output from ARP 2600 V to Modular V and then get the ARP sound out through the Modular Vs ext in jacks to use in Modular V.

It would be nice to hear if cubase sidechain work for this. I don't have cubase.

Pim

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 08:50:17 am »
Arturia Support confirmed this problem. They were very kind by the way 👍🏻

To my opinion it seems that Arturia treats their synths as individual products. By buying the V-Collection, which has several (semi-)modular synthesizers, I expect it to work like one system, with the possibility to interconnect a Mini to the inputs of the ARP 2600, the ringmodulator of the Modular V to the Buchla etc.

It’s my hope Arturia will give us a “container-VSTi” where we can drop several synths in and use them as one big modular system.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 04:41:16 pm »
Yes.

What i suggested is that you might have tis option: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBQr-PnI6Yw
At least for the Arturia applications that has inputs for external audio like ARP 2600 V and Modular V has.

sag_the_great

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 12:57:52 pm »
I have seen reference to side-chain with cubase several times with no satisfactory answer. I have cubase 10.5  and V collection 7 and can categorically state that this option is not exposed in cubase as it is for example with retrologue. The side chain enable button in the vst instrument editor does not exist, and so it is not possible to route any audio to the vst instrument.
Not only is this annoying, it is functionality that used to exist via the alternative vst effects version of the plugin that Arturia used to ship prior to vst3. I for one think the problem lies with the Arturia range of vsti's and I think they should fix these as soon as possible so that the side chain enable button appears when used as a cubase plug-in.
I have seen a few posts on this matter in various forums and am disappointed that the responses from Aturia have been either non-existent or inconclusive.
Yes VST3 allows audio to be routed to the vsti
Yes this can be achieved in some DAWs and cantabile for example
NO doesnt work with Cubase - ARTURIA PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE AND FIX

LBH

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 05:01:04 pm »
Thanks for this info and input sag_the_great.

And welcome to Arturia forums.

Pim

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 09:14:21 pm »
I’m disappointed because Arturia says “The Arp 2600 was an iconic sound and Arturia has been faithful in recreating this amazing synthesizer.“

Well... we can debate about the meaning of ‘faithful’ but to me Arturia failed in this matter. 
What were they thinking by graphically displaying audio inputs knowing they wouldn’t function? ???

“I’m sorry sir the reverse gear on your car does not exist - we displayed it on the gear lever but that’s just for misleading you to make you think with our cars you can perform some proper parking.”

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines