April 18, 2024, 07:06:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Individual mod envelopes *per note*  (Read 3185 times)

jeffbart

Individual mod envelopes *per note*
« on: December 19, 2017, 02:09:48 am »
I know this is probably waaay out of the question...but wouldn't it be great if there were 32 mod envelopes i.e. one env per note.

I think there is only one, and it's shared across all the notes. so for example, using a mod envelope to affect cutoff, the env gets triggered a each time another note is held and all held notes get re-affected. it's like one paraphonic type envelope across all the notes.

E.g. you  put a slow attack on the filter cutoff controlled by a mod envelope, play a chord, then play another note. The chord again gets the filter sweep, rather than just the new note.

I know i'm trying to make it do stuff it's not meant to, but if making individual mod envs - one per note - is feasible, that would be a very powerful addition.

Many thanks. I bought the DX7v now and am really really enjoying it.

Cheers Jeff

--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

jeffbart

Re: Individual mod envelopes *per note*
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 02:13:10 am »
...or would this require individual filters per note as well? I'm not too sure how it works - I might be misunderstanding the structure.

cheers jeff
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:14:42 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Summa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 05:38:11 pm »
Currently the filters are kind of paraphonic, modulations aren't polyphonic but you can turn keyfollow on, so the up to 6 filters per note (one per Operator) kind of have different values per voice. I guess its less CPU intensive due to parallel processing.

zerocrossing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 08:35:42 pm »
Currently the filters are kind of paraphonic, modulations aren't polyphonic but you can turn keyfollow on, so the up to 6 filters per note (one per Operator) kind of have different values per voice. I guess its less CPU intensive due to parallel processing.

The filters aren't paraphonic. The modulation of the filter is. The filter just needs its own envelope and not have to rely on the modulation matrix. If this is too difficult to implement per op, they should implement a per voice filter like FM8, but I really think having each op having its own filter envelope would be amazing and really open things up to experimentation.

Summa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 03:00:35 pm »
Even dedicated envelopes wont help as long as the filter doesn't react per Note and this isn't even happening when using the Operator Envelopes. Therefore it's behaving almost like a paraphonic filter or a filter bank, except the keyscaling.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines