April 27, 2024, 02:32:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 Essential: Random keys keep playing even after released  (Read 5362 times)

grantc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi,
I have owned an Arturia Keylab 49 Essential (white) for about half a year now and my recent problem is that I've noticed that, while playing, random keys (not always the same key) will continue to play sound even when I have released the key. And it won't stop playing the note until I hit the stuck key again.

I have tested the keylab on multiple hardware and software instruments (synths/pianos). I have also tested it with different sustain pedals. So it seems the problem is not from my instruments or sustain pedals, but the keylab itself.

I have performed with it in the past and plan to perform again soon. So I'll need to find an alternative midi keyboard until this rather inconvenient problem is resolved. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

LBH

Re: Keylab 49 Essential: Random keys keep playing even after released
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 12:21:13 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums,

I understand you have this issue when connecting your controller  directly to a hardware synth - not using a computer or anything else in between.

I suggest you contact Arturia support directly.

grantc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 01:31:45 am »
Thank you!
Just to clarify. My keylab essential was connected to my computer via usb and then I used Ableton 10 Suite as a midi router to my hardware, and I also used Ableton in order to control vst synths as well.

I will try contact Arturia directly as well.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 02:15:02 am »
Just to clarify. My keylab essential was connected to my computer via usb and then I used Ableton 10 Suite as a midi router to my hardware, and I also used Ableton in order to control vst synths as well.
Then there is a lot more variables. This issue does'nt have to be about your controller then, even if it can be.

If i was you, then i would connect your controller to your hardware synth, if you have the possibility I assume Arturia would like you to try that.
If you have the issue doing this, then it look like it's about your controller. Otherwise it can be about many other things including your workflow, computer, soundcard, Ableton and plug-ins, that is'nt a controller issue.

You can also try to play Analog Lab in standalone mode, and not touching your computer mouse or anything else while playing. Does you have the issue doing this?

And you can do the same in a Ableton song using only one track. Does you have your issue doing this?

When you have your issue, then does you touch anything else including your computer mouse? Or do you overload a CPU core or have other latency issues or whatever?

It's impossible to find out what's causing the issue unless it's a know issue, without trying to isolate when the issue occour, and what you do when it occour.

Even how you play can have an impact.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:38:44 am by LBH »

grantc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 05:55:46 am »
Okay, I'll try test it out in different configurations outside of a DAW. Just to make sure.

grantc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 07:32:59 am »
Okay I did some more testing. I tested my keylab in different configurations of:

Different usb cables to computer, direct midi out connection to a hardware synth, and when using usb, I also tested different software like Ableton 10, Midi-OX, and stand-alone keyscape (I couldn't get analog 3 stand alone to work for some reason, but it works fine in my ableton daw).

Instead of going through everything, the short story is that I no longer think the problem is with my Keylab 49 essential keyboard, but with the usb cable I was using. When I used a new usb cable, I no longer had the issue of random keys holding the sound. Just a side note, I also didn't have any problem when using a direct midi out connection to my hardware synth. So yes, I can safely say that the problem is not the keylab.

So unless it starts up again, I think I just need to test my usb cables and make sure it doesn't have that problem. I wonder why my cable is causing that problem? Weird... You may close this thread if you like.

Thanks for your responses, LBH.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 05:49:41 pm »
Great you did all this grantc. A good thing about troubleshooting is, that even if it's annoying, then one often can learn something.

I'm happy you apparantly found the culprit.

Cables can sometimes have errors or be of bad quality. It's good to test them.
Also using different USB ports can have an impact.
Using tools like MIDI-OX is also a good idea when troubleshooting, things like this.

(I couldn't get analog 3 stand alone to work for some reason).
Have you set things up in Analog Labs Audio and MIDI settings? Selecting Audiocard and audio settings and MIDI controllers for Analog Lab to use.

Your posts might help others.

FYI: I'm a user. I'm not from Arturia and not a moderator.

totht91

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 12:00:06 pm »
Instead of going through everything, the short story is that I no longer think the problem is with my Keylab 49 essential keyboard, but with the usb cable I was using. When I used a new usb cable, I no longer had the issue of random keys holding the sound.
So unless it starts up again, I think I just need to test my usb cables and make sure it doesn't have that problem. I wonder why my cable is causing that problem? Weird...

I had the same problem (keys stucked: notes and arrow keys in ableton live also). I've changed the USB port on my computer from the front to a rear port and everything works fine now. It seems MIDI over USB does not have good fault tolerancy maybe because it needs to be fast.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines