April 27, 2024, 03:03:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer routing in Duo Split mode  (Read 1517 times)

gandt10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sequencer routing in Duo Split mode
« on: September 23, 2017, 11:51:24 am »
Hello just got Matrixbrute and am slowly getting into it. I'm definitely a dabbler rather than a serious musician making music for my own interest so apologies for dumbness of question which is a bit like others on here but i hope not exactly the same. Having discovered the Tangerine Dream-esque possibilities of the Duo Split mode with a sequence bass and noodly top end I would like to go further vis I would like to be able to route the sequencer clock to my drum machine and maybe to the sequencer on the OP1 (only available via USB midi computer link no traditional midi input) and id like to sometimes double up the notes i play live on the rest of the keyboard to an instrument in Ableton. In short how do i route sequencer notes one way, played notes on the top end and clock to different locations  in duo split mode. Sorry if this is dumb I though midi control centre "lower part midi" might solve the problem or routing in Ableton but I get all notes on or nothing on.

Graham

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Sequencer routing in Duo Split mode
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 04:28:55 pm »
...In short how do i route sequencer notes one way, played notes on the top end and clock to different locations  in duo split mode. Sorry if this is dumb I though midi control centre "lower part midi" might solve the problem or routing in Ableton but I get all notes on or nothing on.
Unfortunately, the "Lower Part MIDI Channel" only works on reception. The synth always transmits notes on the "Output MIDI Channel". On reception the lower part will receive on  the "Lower Part MIDI Channel", and the upper part will receive on the main "Input MIDI Channel".  This asymmetrical situation has been noted by a few users - hopefully the next firmware version will address this oversight.

You could conceivably use a MIDI processor of some sort (e.g. MIDI Translator Pro, or something like an Axoloti for a hardware solution) to map the transmitted upper or lower notes to a different channel. Or, if the synth you want to control has the ability to define keyboard zones, you could set it up to only respond to a certain note range.

MIDI clock messages does not have a channel associated with them (that's part of the MIDI standard) - the clock will reach all connected devices regardless of their MIDI channel settings.

gandt10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sequencer routing in Duo Split mode
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 08:30:01 pm »
Thank you very enlightening

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines