March 28, 2024, 05:57:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet V not playing all notes in chord  (Read 5980 times)

cg1013

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Prophet V not playing all notes in chord
« on: February 27, 2017, 09:54:13 pm »
Im using the Prophet V plugin for chord progressions for my song and have noticed as I get deeper into the song the notes of my chords start disappearing and am only left with one or two notes out of lets say 4. If I have the track singled out it works fine though.  Only when played with other instruments in the playlist. I also noticed if I let the song play to the end and have it repeat by itself from the beginning those chords now dont play fully either.  Very strange. What could be causing this problem?  I am using Fl Studio 12 if that helps and I have the polyphony on the Prophet V set to max.

LBH

Re: Prophet V not playing all notes in chord
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 01:11:13 am »
Im using the Prophet V plugin for chord progressions for my song and have noticed as I get deeper into the song the notes of my chords start disappearing and am only left with one or two notes out of lets say 4. If I have the track singled out it works fine though.  Only when played with other instruments in the playlist. I also noticed if I let the song play to the end and have it repeat by itself from the beginning those chords now dont play fully either.  Very strange. What could be causing this problem?  I am using Fl Studio 12 if that helps and I have the polyphony on the Prophet V set to max.

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I'm not sure i will be able to help you.

What Prophet version are you using?

What do you mean with:
1. "If I have the track singled out it works fine though."
and:
2. "Only when played with other instruments in the playlist."
Have those two things to do with your DAW? This is Prophet V2 forum and V2 have no playlist.
I know nothing about FL.

Are you using Midi ProgramChange and if so - are you sure it's correct, and are you aware that voice and other settings are individual and stored for each preset?

What preset are you using?
Are you using a long release preset?
Are you using sustain pedal?
What playmode do the preset use?

Do you have the issue in stand alone mode?
What plug-in type are you using?

Just in case.
What OS are you using?
What FL version are you using.

I can't say there is'nt a bug in Prophet, but perhaps your issue has to do with the above. Especially if it in some cases work fine like you say.

cg1013

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 01:21:20 am »
Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry when I say playlist I mean in FL studio with all my other vst's that I am using (jupier 8v and spark). I'm not using a midi controller. Just typing in notes manually in piano roll. None of the notes overlap each other. I'm using the classic brass preset. And as far as the version I'm using the most up to date version for everything.

cg1013

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 02:57:00 am »
I suspect it is the plugin but I don't know what would be causing that problem

LBH

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 02:59:33 am »
I most understand you use the latest version of Prophet V2. I then guess it's a VST2 on a windows OS you use.
And i must understand you mean converting to audio when you say "singled out".

If you don't think your issue has anything to do with the things i asked about, then i suggest you contact Arturia support directly on this one, unless someone else can help you in this forum.

cg1013

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 03:48:18 am »
So I made a duplicate channel with the same plugin and copied the chords into that channel and now it seems to work. Don't know why I would have to do that in the first place though

LBH

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 04:41:04 am »
Sometimes weird things happens, and sometimes they are solved doing things like that, or other strange things that should'nt matter.
 It can also be a corrupt FL project file. Perhaps you should create a new FL project file. Perhaps things are solved. I can't tell.

Thanks for reporting back. Great you found a solution. Hope it'll keep work for you now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines