April 28, 2024, 10:05:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MatrixBrute Aftertouch  (Read 2742 times)

Bitflipper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Tweak it till it Hertz
MatrixBrute Aftertouch
« on: March 04, 2017, 05:18:10 pm »
(Release 1.0.1.108) The aftertouch on my MatrixBrute is not consistent. First thought it didn't work at all, but when assigning it to VCO1 Pitch and VCO2 Pitch (-99) and pressing very hard, you hear a little result, but very hard to control and not on every key. I did not dare to push harder or I feared the keys would break. (I've got several synths with aftertouch so I know what to expect). Suddenly it seemed to work quite normal: pitch could be pressed down quite easily to -1 Octave, but after playing some notes it became heavy again or did not work at all. Is this a software bug or could it be hardware (bad contact of strip). I tend to believe the first. Anybody got experience with this?
Internal presets seem to use aftertouch (e.g. on filter), but it has no effect in my MatrixBrute.
When recording in Logic aftertouch is not always generated, and values differ (sometimes values stay under 50, no matter how hard you press  ???
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:26:54 pm by Bitflipper »

BobTheDog

Re: MatrixBrute Aftertouch
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 01:51:56 pm »
Sounds like you may have a fault there.

If you load up the "Midi control center" and go to the MatrixBrute device what setting have you got for aftertouch?

I set mine to 10% and it is pretty controllable, I do not have to press at all hard.

Bitflipper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Tweak it till it Hertz
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 07:59:10 pm »
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the feedback. Mine was set to 20% (standard I guess), and today it has worked fine for a long time. Until suddenly it just stops functioning. Preset A01 is good for checking this, with AT on LFO speed and filters. After disconnecting USB and restarting MB it still does not work. Is there a way to reset the MB to factory-setting? (Maybe clearing memory will have effect).

By the way: is this forum the best way to give feedback and report bugs? (I have worked quite some years in product development and understand systematically debugging. Would love to help to make this great machine better).
Noticed also some little errors in the manual (when browsing, have not read it completely ;) )

BobTheDog

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 08:16:29 pm »
I would put in a support request if I were you, I have never noticed any aftertouch problems on mine.

Maybe the aftertouch strip is slightly loose into the connector or something.

The arturia guys do read the forum but the best bet with any issue or bug is to put in a support request from the main web site: https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

Bitflipper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Tweak it till it Hertz
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 08:33:11 pm »
Thanks, I'll do that.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines