April 28, 2024, 08:18:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Moog Source  (Read 2162 times)

TornadoTed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Moog Source
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:31:51 pm »
Does anyone know if the Beatstep Pro can sequence a Moog Source?

The Source has a stereo 6.5 mm jack for CV in and out and a stereo 6.5 mm jack for S-Trig in and out.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Moog Source
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 07:38:49 am »
Should do so.  Set the CV and Gate to the correct formats in MCC and you are good to go.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

TornadoTed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 04:17:00 pm »
The cabling confuses me. I would imagine  I need a stereo 1/4" jack to a pair of mono mini jacks but it doesn't seem right to have the cv and gate out from the Source plugged into nothing, couldn't that cause grounding problems or am I worrying over nothing?

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 06:32:35 pm »
You need two mini jacks to  stereo 1/4" jacks wiring the tip of the mini jack to the ring of the stereo jacks. Screen obviously goes to ground on each jack. So two leads wired the same with nothing wired to the tips of the stereo jacks. The source requires a switch trigger S-Trig. According to the Source manual "input connections appear at the ring and output connections are at the tip" There is no problem leaving the CV out unconnected if you have no use for it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:36:01 pm by vykaar »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines