April 29, 2024, 12:02:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Delete user bank in Analog Lab 2  (Read 4802 times)

ezw63

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Delete user bank in Analog Lab 2
« on: December 06, 2016, 01:52:10 pm »
Is there a way to delete a complete user bank? I create my user presets using a PC. When I transfer my user presets to my Laptop (using export and import), it creates a new bank if a preset already exists. It does not overwrite. I just want to import and overwrite, or I want to remove the user bank before import. Right now it seems like I have to remove all presets one by one before I can import the updated user bank.

It would be less a problem if the playlists would not point to the "old" presets.

LBH

Re: Delete user bank in Analog Lab 2
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 06:10:12 pm »
On windows to delete all presets in a bank you can do this:
1. Select the bank
2. Select the first preset in the preset browser.
3. Press "Shift" before clibking/ selecting the last preset in the bank. (I aasume a similar thing can be sone on MAC - perhaps using the "Apple" instead of "Shift") All preset will now be selected.
4. Press delete. All selected presets will be deleted and if it's all the presets in the bank, then the bank is deleted too.
(All presets between a first selected preset and a last Shift selected preset will be selected. so you can allways delete more presets at a time.)

I too exsperience issues when importing presets between to PC's. I would like 1. a overwrite and 2 a import only new preset feature.
Also i still get issues when changing attributes on a preset. The preset double up instead of overwriting. ANd if one is being deleted, then both vanish.
I hope everything will be fixed.

EDIT: Perhaps i should add, that i believe you can copy your saved presets from one computer to another without using eksport/ import.
On a PC the presets are located in the hidden folder C/ ProgramData/ Arturia/ Presets/ ...
And it's also possible to eksport/ import single presets. The attributes is stored in the presets.

Hope this help.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:25:49 pm by LBH »

ezw63

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 04:44:19 pm »
Thanks! That works well. That saves a lot of work!  :)
I agree with you that the import function lacks some functionality. Hopefully in a future update.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 10:55:08 pm »
Your welcome.

BTW. I told about using shift. On Windows when you select presets while holding down control "Ctrl", the all the presets you click on will be selected. This might also be useful.
On MAC i assume there are a similar possibility. Perhaps it's actually the same as on windows.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines