April 28, 2024, 11:45:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Use Footswitch to Select Patterns?  (Read 2100 times)

kylesmucker

Use Footswitch to Select Patterns?
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:36:43 am »
Hello,

I'm a noobie thinking about buying a DrumBrute to use live with a guitar.

My idea is to program patterns in advance and trigger them using a footswitch so I don't have to reach over and hit the button myself while playing.

I see on the FAQ (https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/drumbrute-general-questions) that the DrumBrute can receive "Song / Bank / Pattern Change" midi messages. Everything after that is all Greek to me - I have two basic midi controllers but I wouldn't know how to program them to send, for example, "COOO" to select the first pattern on midi channel 1.

My question is, is there a midi footswitch that would be able to trigger a pattern change? If so, how would I go about doing that (or what should I read to learn more) and if not, whats my alternative?

Thanks for any help.

rseymour

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Use Footswitch to Select Patterns?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 09:47:38 pm »
Depending on your wallet you can get quite a few different ones.  The big ones are the Behringer FCB1010 or the softstep 2 (which would require a computer or the midi expander)  some of the rocktron ones might work too.  I think the buttons are all configurable in the midi control center, but I could be wrong.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines