March 28, 2024, 02:34:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Origin deserves cult status!  (Read 11847 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: The Origin deserves cult status!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 01:04:13 am »
Hi Philippe!

I am still using my two Origins (keyboard and desktop) and for me there's no replacement. I can get special sounds from Origin which I don't get from my Virus or Nord Lead A1.

My problem is that my Origin keyboard is having issues: big knob values jumping and display starts to flicker after some usage time. I'd like to know if Arturia still repairs Origin's?

Thanks!

P

philw38

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 09:48:42 am »
Hi Philippe!

I am still using my two Origins (keyboard and desktop) and for me there's no replacement. I can get special sounds from Origin which I don't get from my Virus or Nord Lead A1.

What are the features of Origin that enable you to get those unique sounds?

My problem is that my Origin keyboard is having issues: big knob values jumping and display starts to flicker after some usage time. I'd like to know if Arturia still repairs Origin's?

To my knowledge they still repair the Origins.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 06:49:44 pm »

What are the features of Origin that enable you to get those unique sounds?

It’s the whole thing: all those unique oscillators, filters and vast modulation possibilities. Virus sounds unique and so does Lead A1. They all have their strenghts and weaknesses. In my setup Origin does the vintage type of sounds (Moog, SEM, Jupiter etc.) and the most powerful or ”dirty” lead sounds. To me it sounds the most ”analog” of all my VA-synths. Of course, same time it does not have those limitations of real analog synth.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:52:33 pm by JacksonP »

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2018, 09:27:57 pm »
Hi Philippe! I just logged on after a long time and saw your post. Congratulations on your retirement! We will all be eternally grateful for the monumental effort, heart and soul you have put into the Origin. It is truly one of the most massive, beautiful and perhaps underrated dream machines ever made.

I would be very interested to hear more about the project(s) you are working on. Have you heard of the Linnstrument? An MPE controller designed for guitarists...I have one and am in love with it. I have been using it with the Origin, Deckard's Dream, Prophet-6.

Hello everybody,

Let me introduce myself. I'm a retired engineer since a couple of months after 12 years and a half working for Arturia. I was hired by Arturia to work as the lead software developper of Origin. You likely know me on this forum as "Philippe". I must say the Origin experience has been the most demanding and gratifying of all my professional life. So I'm really pleased to see you guys expressing your positive opinions about the Origin synth. However I have a feeling of an unfinished work. There are objective reasons for that. Arturia's Origin was the first hardware project of this company. Origin would have been an extremely complex project even for an experienced company. So for the novices we were at that time it was a real epic adventure. The (not-fully-perfect) result is what you have in your hands now.

I don't know if Arturia will ever invests anymore on the Origin synth. I'd be glad if they do although I don't think it's likely to happen in the short term.

On my side I'm using my new free time to work on an old personal project targeted at maybe-non-keyboardist people (I'm myself a guitarist). Among other features this product should include a VA modular synth. For obvious legal reasons it cannot be an Origin2 synth. I want to do something a bit different, some sort of far cousin...

I wish you all the best with your Origin synthesisers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines