March 28, 2024, 06:36:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V5 crashing after July update  (Read 1579 times)

PeterC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V5 crashing after July update
« on: July 12, 2016, 09:49:13 am »
I updated my V5 collection last week and since then all instruments crash as soon as I try to play them. I only use them in stand alone at present so don't know if the same happens as a VST. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it made no difference. Contacted support and they advised updating the Graphics card drivers and sending a copy of the 'crash log'. O/S is Windows 10.  I updated the graphics driver, it made no difference and they still crashed. I cannot find where the crash log they require is. Does anyone know where I can find this? I have asked Arturia but now get no response from them. Prior to this latest update V5 was working fine. Can anyone help as my total V5 collection is now useless.

Karamba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: V5 crashing after July update
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 03:15:04 pm »
I updated my V5 collection last week and since then all instruments crash as soon as I try to play them. I only use them in stand alone at present so don't know if the same happens as a VST. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it made no difference. Contacted support and they advised updating the Graphics card drivers and sending a copy of the 'crash log'. O/S is Windows 10.  I updated the graphics driver, it made no difference and they still crashed. I cannot find where the crash log they require is. Does anyone know where I can find this? I have asked Arturia but now get no response from them. Prior to this latest update V5 was working fine. Can anyone help as my total V5 collection is now useless.

Unfortunately I can't really answer your question but in the meantime can't you perform a system restore to the moment before you made the update? I would think that option is possible in Wnidows 10?

PeterC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 06:48:10 pm »
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion only to find my system protection was not enabled so no restore points have been created. Thanks just the same

PeterC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 11:30:30 am »
I downloaded V5 again yesterday and now all works fine. Strange I didn't change anything and the program version numbers do not appear to have changed. Has Arturia done something? Still I am now a happy man!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines