April 27, 2024, 01:27:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: That modulation matrix...  (Read 1942 times)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
That modulation matrix...
« on: January 29, 2016, 05:54:31 pm »
Dear Arturians,

I'd like to bring your attention to this GS posting

As you can see the MB is so exciting that it provokes rampant speculations. It would be very cool if you could tell us how the modulation generators and the matrix are implemented. Not on a schematic level of course, but so as to put the speculations in that posting to rest. And don't be shy, whichever way you implemented it, the very concept is killer and you have full bragging rights!

zedius

Re: That modulation matrix...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 01:39:51 am »
I second this! This is the number one clarification I'd like to hear about before considering selling everything I own in order to purchase a MatrixBrute :)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 02:00:29 pm »
Indeed. When you plan on buying a car you want to know if it has a slush box, CVT, manual or ... - especially when the manufacturer is telling us that they have discovered a new transmission technology, which leaves us all guessing (sorry for the car analogy :-[)

khidr

• Music is everything
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 09:55:50 pm »
After carefully reading the description of the modulation matrix i'm sort of disappointed that it does not emulate the ems synthi matrix more. Part of the genius of the synthi path matrix was that you could make circular patches. patch osc 1 to filter. the filter output goes back into the matrix at another point. Patch the filter output to the env. with comes out at the top and goes back in on the left side. This allows  for incredibly complex patches. The matrix seems to only add clarity to patching. In itself useful but it does allow for the kind experiment that made the synthi famous.
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines