March 29, 2024, 05:13:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature request: Longer than 16 pattern chains, memory recall for chains, + ...  (Read 4992 times)

vintagesynthlab

I'm wondering if there is anyone else here that feels the same way that I do.

First off, I really enjoy the tactile feel and layout of the BSP. It is a great tool.
However, it is very limited in the sense that with the new pattern chaining feature:
1) You are limited to only 16 patterns for the chained sequence.
2) The chained sequence is in volatile memory (can't store it to recall, just like patterns).
3) You are limited to one chain event (containing your sequenced patterns).

Why not allow for more than 16 consecutive patterns?
Why not allow users to save chained events, like the old drums machines from 20 years ago would allow you to save both patterns and songs?
Why not allow for multiple chained events, aka "songs"?

So if it isn't obvious, I am more of the old-school type that grew up with drum machines that you program to be hands-free during playback, similar to a proper sequencer. This request comes from the need to utilize many drum gate outputs, as well as one or both of the musical sequencers (CV / Gate) to my modular system, so that I can play other instruments--especially as a solo artist/musician. I play multiple instruments and don't want to be tied down to babysitting the Arturia BSP.

It seems more like a step sequencer for DJs than musicians.

Is there any possibility to consider changing the above features? Otherwise, I will have to sell my BSP and replace it with a proper sequencer to achieve my goal(s).

Thank you in advance for you consideration.

mantrak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Agree. A project should be basically a chain of patterns and not just a set of patterns. OK, maybe not a song (one long pattern chain) but a set of chains (sub-songs). That would please both song composers and DJ's, I am sure.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Hi all,
1) You are limited to only 16 patterns for the chained sequence.
Because of memory concern.

2) The chained sequence is in volatile memory (can't store it to recall, just like patterns).
Since FW v2.0, you can save chains.

3) You are limited to one chain event (containing your sequenced patterns).
Since FW v2.0, you have several scenes that stores chains.

Best,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines