April 16, 2024, 11:16:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP and Midi Control Center issue...  (Read 6415 times)

curtiswpaul@gmail.com

BSP and Midi Control Center issue...
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:10:16 am »
The BSP has the latest firmware.

I have a Windows 10 computer with Sonar (DAW) installed and the BSP shows up in Sonar.

I have Midi Control Center installed.  Midi Control Center shows the "Failed to open device" message.
Sonar is not running at the same time when I do this.  There is nothing else communicating with the BSP.

Device Manager shows the BSP and there are no obvious issues with the driver.  Unplug BSP and the device driver goes away.  Plug it back in again the driver comes back.

I plug the BSP into a different Windows 10 computer that only has Midi Control Center installed and it works fine, I can configure the BSP.

This tells me that the BSP USB driver needs some work.

Does anyone know of a way the get the BSP to work correctly in this situation?
Arturia blames it on Windows 10 by saying windows can't share USB MIDI devices. 

I believe this is an unacceptable answer from Arturia support because I should be able to use Midi Control Center when no other software using the USB MIDI interfaces are running.

sealion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BSP and Midi Control Center issue...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 03:29:45 am »
Tip:
Your beatstep pro should be connected and powered on and recognized by windows 10. Don't plug it in or turn it on till windows is fully booted.  Then plug in the usb and power on. You should hear the ding when windows finds it.  You can check that in device manager under sound and video. 

Only once all of that happens do you start the midi centre software. If the software (unlike windows) till doesn't see it quickly turn the beatstep off and back on. 

Always go direct from the computer, not through a powered or passive hub.

The second problem I had is with the factory white cable which delivers juice but is not very good with data.  I replaced it with one from the dollar store and now my computer always sees the Beatstep pro.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: BSP and Midi Control Center issue...
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:32:32 am »
Hi all,
Just to clarify:
This tells me that the BSP USB driver needs some work.
There is no BSP USB driver. The BSP uses the Operating System drivers.

Arturia blames it on Windows 10 by saying windows can't share USB MIDI devices.
Yes, because it uses Microsoft Windows drivers.

Sonar is not running at the same time when I do this.  There is nothing else communicating with the BSP.
Something is preventing the driver from being used by the MCC. Sonar may seems not running, but running for some reason in the Task Manager, in the background. I have already been told by a user that Google Chrome was using his BSP MIDI port. Not sure about this last information and not sure why it should act like this.

Best,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines