April 29, 2024, 02:10:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New user- issues switching between patterns  (Read 2187 times)

kirk217patrick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
New user- issues switching between patterns
« on: February 21, 2016, 12:28:34 am »
I've been using Beatstep Pro to sequence a TR8 drum machine and synth via midi. Current project has 7 patterns in seq 1 and currently just using 1 pattern for drum. I'm having issues switching between various sequenced synth patterns on seq 1, especially when switching from a 16 step pattern to 64 step pattern. It sometimes begins the 64 step seq on the 2nd or 3rd step group. Also, I tried selecting "Wait to load new pattern" in midi control, but it still switches to new pattern in middle of phrase/measure.
How do I make it always start a pattern on the first step?
Also, any suggestions why "Wait to load a new pattern" isn't working for me.
My instrument is only a few weeks old. All firmware is up-to-date.

k.rad

Re: New user- issues switching between patterns
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 02:34:22 pm »
Same issues here,

i thought it would be a better workflow, when the wait-to-load- pattern feature were implemented, but thats not the case.
Especially the waittoloadpattern feature in conjunction with the PRST LNK button activated leads to complete untight pattern changes, because the "leading" SEQ is not the SEQ on which the next pattern is switched per button, nope itīs always the DRM SEQ thats determining the change point.

So i gone back to change all 3 SEQ manually and press the buttons simultaneous which means that every SEQ has itīs own change point.

BUT! Even then errors occuring like the one you described; some patterns change at the end, but the following pattern starts SOMEWHERE.

So i tried to change the pattern attributes to same lenght, same speed, same count... no change.
Itīs simply a buggy firmware.
since the beginning.
And everytime they fix one bug, there will be 3 new ones.

For the future i will be very careful to have a try on a new arturia product.
some major faith is gone here...

Zymos

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 08:17:50 pm »
Hey Kirk- are you sure you have saved the change in the MCC to the BSP?
Just changing it to "wait to load" in the software doesn't automatically change it on the hardware.

kirk217patrick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 03:39:37 am »
I think so. I clicked "Store to" in MCC. That was what I had done previously when changing midi channels for the sequencers, and those changes took on my BSP hardware.

kirk217patrick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 04:21:05 pm »
I've found a temporary workaround. I mute Seq 1 for two measures when I change to the next pattern and add two measures to my song. That way when I un-mute the change for the next pattern on Seq 1, it plays from the first step (rather than from step 33). Still, it's a bunch of extra work and things to remember in performance, and it's not really how I want the song to flow. I feel like I shouldn't have to put 2 measure drum breaks in my song just to get the next section to play correctly.

Zymos

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 08:07:51 pm »
I find the MCC really confusing myself.
I do know I switched on the "wait for end" parameter as soon as that version became available, and it has worked properly for me ever since- that's why I wondered if it had actually been saved to the hardware.

kirk217patrick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 06:15:28 am »
I'm definitely still confused by the MCC, so you're probably correct that I didn't properly relay the setting changes to my hardware. I didn't have time to work with it today. I'll try it again tomorrow. Good to know this has worked for others.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines