April 28, 2024, 03:34:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Beatstep Pro - A couple of issues  (Read 2849 times)

Sequentonal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
New Beatstep Pro - A couple of issues
« on: November 16, 2015, 09:27:21 pm »
So on Friday I got my BeatStepPro and let me first say... WOW. What a great feeling it is to open this absolutely gorgeous box and for the first time lift out this solid feeling, surprisingly heavy piece of gear.
 Presentation 10/10 seriously, well done :)

The only disappointment there was the lack of a manual. But as we all have computers nowadays I guess this is the standard .. .and it saves resources.. so I can live with this slight smudge :)

Getting it set-up and running was a bit of a challenge to be honest. I haven't used Synths since i relocated in the 90s where I had to get rid of all my gear :(
So I stuck to Reason for the last 20 years.

But now, that it is possible to get some decent sounding hardware without having to take up a mortgage, I am getting back into it.

So I did manage to get it all set-up and running, in a fashion.

Here is what I have:

Sequencer 1: Microbrute via Gate and Pitch (Midi Channel set to 12)
Sequencer 2: SoftSynth via USB

Midi Out > Volca Sample, triggering my Volca Keys via Synch Out

So much for the background info.

Now to my Problems:

1. I was hoping to use the Gate Outs from the Drum Track to synch my Volcas it does work very well to trigger the MicroBrute's gate in, the Volcas. however, skip all over the place.
How can I fix this? After reading the FAQ i notice that this seems to be a thing. hoping they manage to get this sorted with an update.

2. Every time, I connect or turn on the BSP the software wants to install the same firmware 1.2.0.6.
Why is that?

3. As of this evening Sequencer 1 has a problem: Connected to the MicroBrute via Gate and Pitch out, all Pads play the same note. I can change that note by hitting a new key on the MicroBrute. Note changes via Pitch are not transmitted. Sequencer 2 works fine, however. Both have identical settings in the Midi Control Center.
Is this thing broken or am I missing something?

Thanks for reading all that :)

Any input is much appreciated. I hope I don't have to send this thing back already....
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:28:53 pm by Sequentonal »

Filterseducer

Re: New Beatstep Pro - A couple of issues
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 08:20:25 am »
I hope I don't have to send this thing back already....

Give it 2 weeks. If not happy, call UPS.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:22:40 am by Filterseducer »

magickz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 01:08:01 pm »
 ;D LOL. I love those short and comprehensive answers...

I guess you solved all your problems. I am just in the beginning to find answers to related questions.

Just wanna say, if you are the same Sequentonal as the YouTube user, I adore your music... Just started to learn to do the same (or something similar).

Sequentonal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 01:33:29 pm »
Yep, that's me. The one and only. Thank you for the compliment :)
I did get those problems sorted alright... except for the update thing which seems to be an ongoing thing that doesn't have any effect on functionality.. so i guess i just ignore it.

I stopped using CV to control the Micro and switched to midi, i just received my midi through and merge boxes..

Hopefully this works once this winter depression is gone and my creativity returns :)

YOu should check the Facebook Arturia User Groups for the Brutes and the BSP.. much better chance of getting advise there :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/arturiabeatsteppro
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Arturia.Minibrute.Microbrute
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:36:13 pm by Sequentonal »

syrupcore

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 03:30:29 am »

1. I was hoping to use the Gate Outs from the Drum Track to synch my Volcas it does work very well to trigger the MicroBrute's gate in, the Volcas. however, skip all over the place.
How can I fix this? After reading the FAQ i notice that this seems to be a thing. hoping they manage to get this sorted with an update.

Yeah, it's a thing. :( You might try using one of the gate outputs from the drum sequencer. Set the gate and level fairly low. Been meaning to try this myself so if you do it, please report back. :)

No idea on #2. I rarely have it connected to a computer. Do you have the latest firmware installed?

3. As of this evening Sequencer 1 has a problem: Connected to the MicroBrute via Gate and Pitch out, all Pads play the same note. I can change that note by hitting a new key on the MicroBrute. Note changes via Pitch are not transmitted. Sequencer 2 works fine, however. Both have identical settings in the Midi Control Center.
Is this thing broken or am I missing something?

If Sequencer 2 is working with it and they have the same settings, I'd contact support. You might include a few screenshots showing the same settings in the MMC and maybe a link to a video of it not working so you can skip all of the "Are you sure you're not an idiot?" parts of the back and forth. Have you tried copying a known-to-be-working sequence from Seq 2 onto Seq 1? Just in case...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines