April 30, 2024, 08:01:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stuck notes  (Read 2855 times)

faster

Stuck notes
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:54:05 am »
I was sequencing soft synths with BSP. I didn't like the sequence, so I erased it all with Shift/Clear

However the sequence continued playing. There were no notes visible in sequencer. I changed synthesizer and it continued playing.

I had to turn off then on the BPS.

Is this a freak incident or a bug?  This is a second time it happened in a week.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Stuck notes
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:31:41 am »
Do you mean the bsp still played notes even when you erased them?  how did you have this setup  is it possible the other seq was playing the synth?
I've not seen this before .

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

faster

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 03:26:27 pm »
Thanks for reply Terrym.

Yes, they would play even after using Shift/Clear Ptn.  It first made me think that I unknowingly recorded into Animoog which has its own recorder, but then I realized that changing synth was the same, the new synth would play this 'invisible" sequence with ITS sound.
If I changed midi channel, it started to play synth on ch.2 iSem.

I erased ALL three sequencers, (several times), just to make sure that nothing could be sequenced elsewhere.
Weird isn't it..
I will keep an eye on it, see if I can reproduce it, hopefully not:)

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 10:25:20 am »
Hi faster,

Have you check the Probability and Randomness settings ? It could be your issue.

faster

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 03:43:08 pm »
Hi faster,

Have you check the Probability and Randomness settings ? It could be your issue.

I honestly don't know if I was in Random/Probable mode @ the time...Don't use it as much yet.

But I tried and for sure, an empty track plays random notes.

Thanks for help:)

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 02:32:17 pm »
I was sequencing soft synths with BSP. I didn't like the sequence, so I erased it all with Shift/Clear

However the sequence continued playing. There were no notes visible in sequencer. I changed synthesizer and it continued playing.

I had to turn off then on the BPS.

Is this a freak incident or a bug?  This is a second time it happened in a week.

I have had this now again - sporadic bug. Worse if connected to MMC . Probability & Randomness set Zero.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines