April 28, 2024, 03:04:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: issue with brand new BSP  (Read 2071 times)

papoon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
issue with brand new BSP
« on: October 03, 2015, 10:15:28 pm »
Just bought the beatstep pro and at the very first try it stuttered the sequences but after about 20 min the problem went away. I did use the looper a few times without issue but the after about 45 min if i touch the looper pad even with just the power hooked up and that's it, it goes into an error d06. if i  power it off for more then 20 seconds it does reset. if i touch the looper pad with the midi out hooked up to a device it freezes the beat step and the device i have hooked up freezes and i have to cycle the power on that device as well. just hoping some one might know what this might be. thanks in advance.

Filterseducer

Re: issue with brand new BSP
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 11:42:55 pm »
"just hoping some one might know what this might be. thanks in advance"

Hi,
Well, is a BsP.

I assume it has the last firmware loaded in, try different versions and check if it runs normally. While testing try to keep your setup as minimal as possible, don't hook all your gear to it in order to avoid conflicts between your stuff. If midi causes problems, then try usb, or CV's.
BTW, you don't describe your setup: that will helpful for those who might help you.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:08:11 am by Filterseducer »

papoon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 12:37:31 am »
Hi thanks for the reply, and the good advice. I should point out that i am a novice though i have used a sequencer before it has been all very basic. so I began by plugging midi out from BSP to my korg triton studio. all was fine and normal. as i programmed the first sequence i noticed some of the notes would do a weird skip/stutter thing. but is sort of went away after a few minutes on it's own. I mean I didn't change anything before during or after so I thought Awesome!  So I am testing this out and quite liking it :). I try the roller/looper section and it works as it should again this is BSP-midi out to korg Triton midi in. After a while I try the roller looper again and everything (BSP and keyboard) freezes. I reset (cycle power) and thought it might be my Triton keyboard so I try BSP midi out to my yamaha dtx drum module midi in.Again things are ok at first then I try the looper and everything freezes again (BSP and drum module)  :-\. i disconnect everything except the power in to the BSP and hit the looper and again it freezes and displays error then d06(this error was displayed each time i had the freeze up). Since then I have been playing around in the most basic sense with the BSP and have had no trouble but i have not touched the looper section at all as i am putting stuff together, so far i like this sequencer and just hope it is something simple in respect to the looper. Also just want to add that I was able to with out a doubt prove the BSP was the cause of the freeze up and not any of my gear.

Oh and by the way I am brand new to the forum here so just want to say thanks for having me and thanks for this wonderful resource!

papoon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:42:31 am »
well I will be returning to the store and exchanging my BSP for another. My question at this point is
1) should I update to the latest firmware before I do anything with the BSP out of the box
2) does It make any difference. I would rather try it out of the box before updating if it makes no difference.

It will be a long drive to the store but I am willing to give this thing another shot, wish me luck.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines