April 27, 2024, 03:47:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A Bit of shared experience, bugs and questions  (Read 1641 times)

dexter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
A Bit of shared experience, bugs and questions
« on: September 13, 2015, 01:17:26 am »
Questions:

• How do we make a hardware reset and wipe off the unit memory?
  • How to make a complete backup of the unit? Should I have to backup all the projects one by one?
  • Is there several harware revisions and what are my chances to be the happy owner of a messy one?
  • How to drag/copy/paste notes from one projet to another? Simply?

Nasty Stuff:
Complete lost of synk when a project is saved, when BSP is synked as slave. A silence, then it resumes poaying from somewhere. Aslo for saving a pattern in slave mode.

Transpose Settings in Midi Editor - Unable to change the channel!!!, the Midi port - USB or Midi. The current transpose sequencer (Transpose chain off) works only with SEQ 1, seq 2 is dead.

So, I can not get it: are the midi settings common for ALL the projects or individual ones? And if they are individual, you should consider that dragging a Midi settings from another project to the currently loaded does not work. I presume the second case true, because now I have 3 different types of MIDI settings for 4 projects. Not to mention how the Midi Editor autoselects the knobs and buttons ...
In my case I use the encoders in mode 2 Relative, you also should notice that setting and turning a knob in mode 3 shows a nice Err message requiring a reboot.

Working with the unit and the BSP reminds me the joyfull years, when the first grooweboxes like the MC303 came out and the esoteric experience to program them with a buggy java editor and sysex hacks, praying for free bytes of memory and not to make the daily harware reset before the playback ends. It was a long time ago, when the music was away from the computer.

Ideas:
  • To be able to disable the Repeat Ribbon or to asign it to sotething usefull - transpose? or pattern lenght?
  • Default lenght, playback mode, grid for patterns of a project.
  • Wipe a Project (realy usefull!)
  • To be able to delete a drum element - not just to mute it. Like : delete all the kicks in a 64-lenght pattern

Stuff:
Performance observations: Encoder speed: Encoders with fixed cran and no real acceleration (like the Maschines, Akai, M-Audio who use infinite "stereo" pots) is good for pitchin a note with a tone, but for midi controller is a bad choise. A real dirty acceleration is a must. And I personaly wonder the resistence of the static electricty charges. Winter is comming and so the big pullovers!

All those small buttons make me scream! And put a vaseline on my fingers when I want to make a drum roll, sticky buttons!

A great lack of playing tools : Nuggle, undo, commit the last played loop with no rec presssed (Geist), overdub, autosave of the patterns (it have some good point not to save them also) - I can not imagine how the synk will go then.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines