April 27, 2024, 04:32:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED]BSP not outputting gate changes on drum outs  (Read 1664 times)

dapplegate

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[SOLVED]BSP not outputting gate changes on drum outs
« on: August 23, 2015, 10:35:15 pm »
I just got this thing 3 days ago to use as a primarily a sequencer for my modular, and immediately I have this issue.  No response all weekend from Arturia.  Maybe they don't have weekend service, but either way, I'm getting cranky.  The first thing I did was update to the latest firmware.  No problem. Hook it up - none of the drum gates output anything but a solid 10V, tested on scope.  I figured if it was set to negative, I would get a gate off with a pad press, right?  Nope.  Checked the Midi Control software, and it's set to positive.  I can program steps all day but the gate outputs never change.  I'm wondering if I got a lemon :(  Maybe it's operator error.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:10:11 pm by I grec »

RichMakeGame

Re: BSP not outputting gate changes on drum outs
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 11:53:51 pm »
Theres a thread a few posts down, looking at the same issue clocked from yarns

I'm guessing you're clocking from analogue clock in?

If it all works fine when you use internal clock, the good (and bad) news is your bsp is probably fine its 'just' the firmware has a pretty bad bug..

If it's still not outputting gates when you use internal clock, its possible the unit is faulty. (don't take this as gospel btw just my best guess)

dapplegate

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 01:29:26 am »
Thanks for the hints RichMakeGame.  I am using the internal clock, but just for the heck of it, I may try rolling back the firmware if I don't hear from Arturia soon.  I am starting to feel like something isn't right though.

RichMakeGame

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 02:53:29 am »
bit of a stab in the dark: arturia have said patterns can be glitchy after a firmware update, and its best to clear the pattern before doing anything. does it still do it after clearing the current pattern?

dapplegate

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 12:18:43 am »
I got a response from Arturia.  They think it's the actual hardware, so I'm getting an exchange.  Thanks again though!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines