April 27, 2024, 09:20:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Serious problems with Beatstep Pro (or beatstep amateur)  (Read 2245 times)

Spin Fidelity

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
So I bought the 'powerhouse' sequencer' BSP........problem is it doesnt work properly. Where to begin?

1. Both CV sequencers dont track properly with Arturia's own Microbrute. This is because the CV isnt calibrated correctly. Why would you release a piece of gear without having one of the main features right prior to release? Just to clarify if I sequence over midi - no problem. Its when I try and sequence over CV that the tracking is incorrect. Arturia's Eduard sent me an email showing how to sort the problem
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-1e9zXr5JIlQ29DdklnaXNJdGM
. You need a Bannana Plug and philips type scewdriver in order to do this, I know nothing about circuit bending and I refuse to open up the unit and try this, mainly because I lack the skill/knowledge and I also dont wish to spend £20-£25 on a Bannana Plug thankyou very much.

2. The Midi Control Centre is the most buggy piece of software Ive used in a long time. It crashes all the time even though I have updated the firmware to 1.1.1.6.

3. The CV is a couple of octaves out and the MCC does not seem to help with this either....? What is going on Arturia? This is beyond annoying.......ive spent nearly 24hrs of my life trying to get the machine to do what you said it would do!

4. The HUI mode does not work in Ableton Live 8 why?

So all in all the Beat Step Pro is not ready for distribution as it doesnt do what it is meant to do

One very unhappy customer
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:05:19 pm by I grec »

Spin Fidelity

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Serious problems with Beatstep Pro (or beatstep amateur)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 12:38:33 pm »
Is anyone from Arturia going to give me some feedback on this?  ??? ??? ???

Dav1d

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:07:01 pm »
Hello,

First, Sorry for this mess during your ticket treatment.
To answer your questions:
1/ The uncalibrated CV is not common, and the solution in indeed in the technote EDouard provided.
2/ This unit needs servicing, so in this case we need your full address and phone number which is not a good idea to give on this Forum.

So what is your ticket number?

Thanks

Spin Fidelity

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 04:15:16 am »
Case 235736

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines