April 30, 2024, 06:26:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP crashes Cubase 8 Pro  (Read 6635 times)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: BSP crashes Cubase 8 Pro
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 10:55:49 pm »
Hi kri ,what is your set up?  if the BSP is crashing it normally the connection is lost to the driver on the mac

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Soul_Processor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 10:11:24 pm »
I have the same problem with my BSP I got a couple days ago, which is especially frustrating, because I like the workflow of the machine very much.

my setup: Live 8, Win7 64bit, BSP connected to PC via USB, Dark Energy II via CV, MFB 503 via MIDI out of the BSP. Audio Interface is Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 (firewire).

BSP is updated to the latest firmware.

it happens always after maybe half an hour. live actually doesn't crash, but the beatstep "freezes" with a stuttering loop sound. then I press stop on the BSP and it stops, but won't start again. if I try to unselect sync in the Ableton MIDI preferences, then Live freezes until I disconnect the beatstep. the only way to get it working again so far is to restart both the BSP and Live.
I haven't tried it yet to connect the Beatstep via DIN MIDI cable with the audio interface, but even if it works, I can't use the MIDI out of the interface for other stuff anymore, which is not a good solution.

please help me because I really don't want to return this thing, because otherwise it is a pretty awesome device! :/

bemushroomed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 01:51:00 pm »
I have the latest firmware and yeah, it will crash Cubase very quickly for me if i set it up to sync with the BSP. Also, if syncing it and then outputting clock (clock out) from the BSP the clock output is like 1000BPM, if cubase is @ 120BPM.
The gate outs does not run crazy fast like that though, they seem to be syncing with the tempo.

I really hope this is fixed within the next update because it renders this device pretty much useless for me and i bet many other people.

I'm on Cubase 8 Pro, Windows 7 x64. Let me know if i should check / test something.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 04:13:18 pm »
I have the latest firmware and yeah, it will crash Cubase very quickly for me if i set it up to sync with the BSP. Also, if syncing it and then outputting clock (clock out) from the BSP the clock output is like 1000BPM, if cubase is @ 120BPM.
The gate outs does not run crazy fast like that though, they seem to be syncing with the tempo.

I really hope this is fixed within the next update because it renders this device pretty much useless for me and i bet many other people.

I'm on Cubase 8 Pro, Windows 7 x64. Let me know if i should check / test something.

Hi, any chance of you doing a screenshot of your sync setup in cubase just to see if you have it setup correctly .

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

bemushroomed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 04:58:16 pm »
Hi, any chance of you doing a screenshot of your sync setup in cubase just to see if you have it setup correctly .

Terrym

Sure:

http://piclair.com/data/krwqj.jpg
and http://piclair.com/data/o0s40.jpg

I tried again after a restart and again it will hang cubase completely after 4 minutes or so if i press play and then stop playback a few times.. i have to press ctrl+alt+del to close down cubase. it has never happened before (when not using BSP)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:05:23 pm by bemushroomed »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 05:45:25 pm »
Thanks ill do some testing later but I'm not on a pc . I have had problem of freezing but this is mainly when i change from int to ext control from cubase.

regards

Terrym
TerryM

Soul_Processor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 09:16:08 pm »
I tried to set everything regarding the MIDI preferences in Live as recommended in the tutorial , but still no luck. freeze after half an hour. :/

this is becomming very annoying

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 02:37:49 pm »
Also, if syncing it and then outputting clock (clock out) from the BSP the clock output is like 1000BPM, if cubase is @ 120BPM.

Hi bemushroomed,

Are your clock set up properly ? What's gear are you syncing ? You can choose in the MCC 3 clock speed (1 step, 24ppqn or 48 ppqn). I have checked the output clock when the BSP is slave (Cubase session at 120BPM) and it's in time (not like 1000BPM).

AlakaLazlo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2015, 04:26:05 am »
Same problem here.  Running Cubase Pro 8.0.3 under W7/64.  BSP is connected via USB and slaving off the Cubase clock.  Crashes Cubase every single time after about 4 minutes. I run a 4 bar loop with the drum seq pushing Battery 4, Seq 1 pushing Trillian and 2 pushing Omnisphere.  Works great... for about 4 minutes.  Then Cubase freezes.  It will unfreeze if I unplug the BSP.  Otherwise its a hard reboot.  This is very disappointing... 

handsfree

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 08:53:15 pm »
Just wanted to note that i'm also having the same cubase issues. As well as sync issues. While the beats are playing relatively in time...they are a hair off from all my other DAW VSTs/hasrdware making it sound like a dj trainwreck. I'm about to return this actually if it's not addressed soon.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines