March 28, 2024, 10:31:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet 5 with MainStage 3  (Read 4310 times)

ryanalexfarmery

Prophet 5 with MainStage 3
« on: October 15, 2015, 06:55:46 pm »
Hi there.

I'm currently using my Korg Kronos to control Mainstage. Here's the problem:

Patches 1 and 2 on the Kronos communicate and send program changes to patches 1 and 2 in Mainstage. I've got this set up on an external timbre on a Kronos combi to send the program info on channel 16. Mainstage receives on 16. All good so far.

On patch 1 in Mainstage, I've got an Arturia Prophet5 instrument as an audio unit. When I select the sound in the Prophet 5 and use the Kronos to play it, it's fine. However, when I move to patch 2 using the Kronos (which moves to patch 2 in Mainstage) and then go back to patch 1, the Prophet 5 instrument on patch 1 changes sound. It's somehow responding to the Kronos program change.

I basically want the Kronos to change the patch number in Mainstage but NOT the patch of the instrument within a patch in Mainstage. At present its doing both.

Is there a way of turning the MIDI program changes off within the Prophet 5?

One IMPORTANT note, this behaviour does not happen on all instruments in my Arturia collection, it happens on the Prophet, ARP and most synths but not the Oberheim or Wurlitzer. My Komplete instruments in Kontakt and other East West stuff in Play doesn't change sound too.

Any ideas?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines