May 01, 2024, 10:10:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread  (Read 80544 times)

kfrm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2015, 03:38:55 pm »
great ideas overall

+1 on seq nudge, that is shifting the sequence 16 step forward and back, and step copy-paste
+1 on ability to set pattern length/resolution (number bars/last step) individually for the 16 drum tracks, not only on the whole drum pattern, for polyrhythm, etc
+1000 on ability to quantize sequence change to bar start or some note value or sequence end

some other ideas/suggestions

1) micro timing shift for melodic sequences as well
2) ability to choose what steps should be affected by swing and random per sequence
3) option to output CV voltage (pitch and velocity) on a step without gate present
4) simple polyphonic sequencing, i.e. ability to choose extra notes triggered per step, as on Octatrack  (cv still outputs root note only)
5) shift+knobs button or sequencer+knobs give us 3 extra aux midi sequences for modwheel, cutoff, or any CC on seq1/2  .... (indicated by blinking or similar)
6) black version!

eevolute

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2015, 12:43:25 pm »
It would be great to have more control over the voltage outputs: set a level for the gates out, and choose a trigger out instead of a gate out. The gate time can be varied but this is not suitable for certain kinds of trigger pulses needed by fi. older Simmons drums or the Nord Drum who need real triggers.

JoaoApell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • AudioLabs
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »
Hello everyone

I ve been having a lot of fun with the BSP, it brought my hardware synths back to life  :)
I would like to suggest a couple of features that i ve been struggling with and that i couldnt find mentioned in the forum.

1- Option to disable the looper completly via midi control center (so many times i hit it by accident while performing and it ruins everything)
2- Option to "retrigger" sequences for sequences longer than 1 bar (to make possible the trigger of any sequence from the beggining when needed)
A smart way to do this in my opinion would be add an option to the mute button that if you hold it pressed, then it retriggers the sequence.

Thanx in advance  ;)

an3

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2015, 10:33:53 am »
1. Recording of Beatrepeat/looper
2. loop sequence (1-16 / 17-31, 32-48)

Bifop

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2015, 12:50:04 pm »
I'd like an arpeggiator on Seq 1 & 2.
Since BSP is also a cv converter, that usually prevents the use of the onboard synths arps.

RichMakeGame

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2015, 06:28:28 pm »
wonder if electrical tape would do the trick for disabling the looper? or some insulating material?

Lu77

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2015, 02:55:15 pm »
I thinkautosave should be a function. In the day and age, losing my work repeatedly... It's just not on. You hit the wrong key combination trying to save a project and you can end up wiping the whole thing because the unit provides so little feedback as to "yes I've saved that" or "I've saved that sequence, but you need to save the project"....

An auto save, with the option to reload back to the last officially saved version would be perfect, especially when you accidentally put in a dodgy note....

JoaoApell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • AudioLabs
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2015, 01:04:23 am »
Another one i dont think was mentioned:

Option to turn the looper into a note repeat funcion for recording and performing.
Something like maschine.

Burnart

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2015, 01:23:07 am »
The 2 things I really want:
1) (By all means correct me if I'm wrong and it already does this - ) I'd like a way of linking the pads to the sequences of the selected sequencer (Seq1, Seq2, Drum). Tap pad 1 it starts playing seq1, then tap pad 5 and it goes to seq5 etc. The normal link buttons would still apply. I know you can hold the sequencer key down and select seqs by clicking on the numbered buttons but I want a one handed selection process because I haven't always got 2 hands free and I'd prefer to use the pads rather than little buttons.

2) Also, as has been suggested, an option for ensuring that when you select a new seq the device completes the current one then starts at the beginning of the next one.

Neon Horn

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2015, 02:59:19 pm »
An option for ensuring that when you select a new seq the device completes the current one then starts at the beginning of the next one + 1 :)

StirHouse

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2015, 04:06:32 pm »
I'm surprised to have not seen this in this thread -

I'd love the ability to 'edit all' steps - to be able to increase or decrease velocity/gate time for all steps in a sequence by holding shift and turning one of the encoders. 

Also, being able to actually mute individual drums without having to switch to the drum sequencer first would be nice.  i.e. currently if you're in one of the melodic sequencers, if you hold the drum + mute you can see the current mutes, but tapping them does nothing until you actually enter the drum sequencer.

Gravity Feeder

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2015, 04:28:42 pm »
When running the Beatstep Pro as the master device, the midi in is redundant. Why not make it useful (if it's not hard wired) by giving us the option of switching  the midi in into a second midi out so we don't have to daisy chain midi devices via midi throughs. It makes a lot of sense and it's much tidier.  ;)

Groakes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2015, 11:14:04 pm »
Pattern chaining would be great. But if not, a MIDI command that would advance to the next sequence, and another one to go back. It would have great to have foot pedals to do that but short of a hardware rev...

RichMakeGame

« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2015, 05:34:30 am »
analogue sync in working to some degree!

damschwartz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2015, 04:07:17 pm »
Being able to configure CV out for Buchla standard 1.2v/oct via the MCC would be great...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines