April 29, 2024, 06:59:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CV sync issues, transposing & playing the pads :(  (Read 1825 times)

NightMachines

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CV sync issues, transposing & playing the pads :(
« on: July 21, 2015, 08:14:26 am »
Got a Beatstep Pro and played with it right out of the box first. It was very buggy. So I updated to the current firmware 1.1.0.3. It still doesn't want to properly sync with CV gear, like the SQ1, even though I set it to 1spp in the MCC several times. That seems to be a known issue, I guess.

Another thing I noticed, is that with the current firmware update, I have to hold the sequencer button in order to transpose a sequence. In the factory firmware, the transpose mode was on all the time, which is a lot more useful, because you don't need two hand to transpose and can still wiggle some knobs on the synths while transposing. I assume that this is what the transpose latch setting is for, however nothing seems to change when I set it to on/off in the MCC. Is that setting broken in the current firmware?

If I don't hold the sequencer button and just play pads while a sequence is running, I get cut off notes a lot. I assume because my pad playing isn't 100% on the beat all the time. It would be nice to have a quantize option or something else that suppresses recorded notes while playing the pads on top, because like this, the pads don't work well.

The current firmware is an improvement obviously, but I still have a feeling that when sequencing CV/Gate gear with the INT clock, it's sometimes not that tight (with randomness and swing disabled). I have to look into that some more, although I'm really not in the mood for beta testing :(

NightMachines

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CV sync issues, transposing & playing the pads :(
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 09:15:57 am »
Got a Beatstep Pro and played with it right out of the box first. It was very buggy. So I updated to the current firmware 1.1.0.3. It still doesn't want to properly sync with CV gear, like the SQ1, even though I set it to 1spp in the MCC several times. That seems to be a known issue, I guess.

Looks like if you attenuate the Clock Out signal of the BSP, the SQ1 can stay play in sync! Clocking the BSP with an external clock signal however resulted in weirdness. I sent it a square wave signal from a modular LFO and the BSP stepped through all the step patterns in sync, but it didn't send out any gates. I got it to work, but can't reproduce that state. Sometimes it would just play one note eveyr now and then, but still, the pasttern lights step through each step in sync.  ???

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines