March 29, 2024, 06:26:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet V and Pro Tools 10 ... can I use Prophet V as a plugin? (total new bee)  (Read 8507 times)

csrMark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi,
New to this forum.

I just purchased Prophet V today and brought it home.

I downloaded some MIDI files.  One specifically was by LEVEL 42 and the song is "something about you"

I loaded the MIDI file into PT10 and bought Prophet V to use as a plugin for the keyboard parts of the song.

I loaded Prophet V and installed just fine.  I used the "setup" button and told it to read my MBox 2 Pro

When I opened the Pro Tools session with the Level 42 midi files, I couldn't find Prophet V anywhere in the dropdown menu's for plugins?

Have I done something wrong????

thanks

jackn2mpu

Hi,
New to this forum.

I just purchased Prophet V today and brought it home.

I downloaded some MIDI files.  One specifically was by LEVEL 42 and the song is "something about you"

I loaded the MIDI file into PT10 and bought Prophet V to use as a plugin for the keyboard parts of the song.

I loaded Prophet V and installed just fine.  I used the "setup" button and told it to read my MBox 2 Pro

When I opened the Pro Tools session with the Level 42 midi files, I couldn't find Prophet V anywhere in the dropdown menu's for plugins?

Have I done something wrong? ???

thanks
There are several thing wrong/problematical. First off - when you did the install did you install the RTAS version? For PT10 you don't need an aax version but if it's available from the P5 installer install that as well. Of course do this with PT not running.

Second - PT will scan/look for plugins on startup and should automatically add the P5 if it's in the right folder. You don't say what computer and operating system you're working with so I can't tell you for sure where to look but if you let the installer do it's thing it should be in the right place.

Third - open PT and in preferences check the box that says to organize your plugins by type and manufacturer. That way you have a couple of ways to find it in PT.

Fourth - in a new PT session add a stereo instrument track and in the first insert slot look for the P5 in either the instruments entry or the Arturia entry and click on that. It will then show in the first insert slot and the Prohet gui should open.

Fifth - MIDI. Be aware that there are two types of MIDI files. A type 1 file has separate tracks for each instrument and that is what you want. A type zero has everything in one track. One way to tell is if there is a descriptor for the file. A second is after you import it into PT. Unfortunately you can't import a MIDI file directly into a PT Instrument track. When you import a MIDI file into PT it can go either into the clip list or new MIDI track(s). I suggest you import into the latter along with the tempo map of the file. Then drag the MIDI for the track you want played by the Prophet into the Instrument you created above. Select a patch on the Prophet and hit play or the spacebar on your computer keyboard to start playback.

A lot of what I wrote is covered in the ProTools reference guide (aka the manual). It is suggested you read it and comprehend it. Also getting a good book on PT 10 will help. There are several on the market.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines